𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 | 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Can you tell me about your kits then?"

"Maybe another time. C'mon, you shouldn't miss Acaciakit's ceremony." His ears burned with embarrassment.

"You're right, I almost forgot!" He shot out of his grass woven den. His paws had memorized the path to the Pool of the Below to where it was muscle memory. He followed the stream that wove through the star-filled golden meadows that he lived in. Familiar cats watched curiously as he ran by; usually he would share a "good-morning" with them on his way, but today was an important day that he was running late for.

The grassy fields slowly turned into the birch forest, a clear grassy path still cutting alongside the stream. The blue-green leaves blocked out much of the light that came from the pink StarClan sky that was void of a sun, the mist rolled around at his paws as he neared the Pool held a white glow to it. Lavender light slowly tilted into his vision, signaling his arrival to the Pool of the Below. He slowed to a walk, the crisp air that hung around the sacred waters almost burning his lungs. He didn't have time to take in the mystic beauty of the pond today. He waded into the warm, crystal clear water which reflected the purple hues, his eyes watching the light bounce off the smooth, pastel, quartz stones below. He took a gulp of air and plunged his head under the peaceful surface.

When he blinked his eyes open, he was staring not at the bottom of the Pool of the Below, but rather at the haze of the surface of water. He was in the Below. He resurfaced, breathing in the cool morning air. He waded through the sand and mud bottomed reservoir, paws landing on the green grassy shore. The sun was hung half way from the horizon to its peak, urging Cottonkit on to his destination. I'm worried I might be late...! His paws pattered softly as he crossed the hillsides, leaving a trail of stars that faded away in his wake. The hill veered up, where ZephyrClan's camp lay near the summit, cradled in a swath of brush and gorse protection. He passed through the entrance, being guarded today by the young, gray and cream mottled Birchmist. The she-cat had been made a warrior two moons earlier on the same day the Poplarpaw, Peonypaw, and Sagepaw had all been apprenticed. Cottonkit waved his tail in hello to the she-cat, though he knew she wouldn't respond.

The camp was loud with noise, the cats all gathered around the giant hull of the tree. Cottonkit felt his heart sink, and he let out a small whimper. I must have missed it.

"Cottonkit! There you are, I was worried you weren't going to come!" He looked up to Pistachiopaw. The cinnamon and white tom glided over with a confident gait, a purr rumbling in his throat.

"Did... Did I miss it?"

"Nope! Everyone's just gotten gathered up! You've gotta come see Acaciakit, I think this is the first time she's let Pecanwhisker really groom her fur all the way! She doesn't look like she was dragged through a burr bush for once!" He laughed at his own joke, and Cottonkit hurried forward around the crowd. Sure enough, at the front facing the clan was Acaciakit with her chest puffed out, her brother at her side. She had grown into her markings over the moons, her fur was a creamy brown, while her face, legs, tail, and ears were a deep sable. Catalpakit had also grown into his markings, his creamy fur bearing a gray striped mask, legs, and tail. The siblings looked out with the same sapphire gaze: Acaciakit seemed to warmly challenge anyone who dared looked down on her, while Catalpakit held a cool glimmer in his eye. Finally, the sight of an amber red she-cat stepping out from a covered section of the tree hull led the clan to silence. Aspenstar. I've never really watched her, but I've heard the adults talk about her. Cottonkit settled at the front, Pistachiopaw at his paw.

"I remember when Sequoiapaw became an apprentice. His ceremony was bit different, and he got two because he's a medicine cat apprentice," the cinnamon tom meowed, a lilt of pride in his voice. Cottonkit flicked an ear, his attention on the scene before him.