Palmer X Lasky

Commander Palmer, the woman that was in charge of all of the Spartans onboard the U.N.S.C. Infinity. She was a stone cold warrior and feared almost nothing. She had been the right hand to Captain Lasky for sometime now and they have been very close in recent months, closer then regulations would want them to be.

Lasky was on the bridge late at night, almost alone except for two or three crewmen running the ship at this late hour. Palmer walked up behind him and stood next to him. "Captain?" She asked. Just a little bit ago the two of them were asleep in his cabin, she knew where he would be when she woke up alone. "Commander....how can I help you?" he asked, his right hand was next to her left. They could show so little emotion towards each other outside of the privacy of their rooms. "What are you doing up so late sir?" she asked as she slightly took his hand in hers. "Just couldn't sleep I guess.... With the Chief back command is wanting me to start deploying him right away.... I just don't think he is ready yet." He said, "Well I think you should sleep on it sir....." she said. She then leaned over and whispered. "Come back to bed Tom..." with that she turned and walked back to his room. He smiled and waited a few minutes before he turned around and went back to his room. When he entered he saw palmer laying on the bed waiting for him. He smiled and walked over to her laying down next to her. "You know what will help you." She asked. "What's that?" he smiled. "A break, next time we make port you should come with me and have some fun." she said as she curled up into his arms. "I don't know, but i'll think about it." he said as he held onto her.

A few weeks later. "Captain we will be docking within the hour sir." One of the bridge crewmen said to Lasky as he entered. "Very good." He said as he looked down at the chart map. "It's been awhile since we have been home." Palmer spoke up as she walked up next to him. "Yeah i've missed her." he said as he looked up and out the window towards earth. Palmer laid her hand slightly over his as they looked at the blue and green orb. Tom smiled and looked up at her. "So what did you have in mind?" He asked. "What?" She asked confused. "You said you want to take me out for some fun. What did you have in mind?" He asked. She smiled remembering their conversation from the other night. "Well I was thinking about taking you out for drinks and such, but I know that isn't your style. So I think I will take something out of your play book, Nice dinner followed by a night in together." She said with a small smile. "Oh?" He asked surprised. "Why are you so surprised?" She asked with a laugh. "Just didn't know that's what you would want to do after a long deployment. Thought you would have wanted to go out drinking." He answered honestly. "Well normally that would be my plan, but I enjoy our time together much more." she said. "I'm going to go back to your room and finish packing our stuff." she said and squeezed his hand before letting go and walking away. Tom went back to his thought. He was thinking about how good he had it, how he was The Captain of the U.N.S.C. 's flagship, and how he was so lucky to have Sarah in his life. "So when are you going to propose?" Tom was snapped out of his thoughts and looked next to him as his XO was standing there looking out the window. "What did you say Armstrong?" He asked. Armstrong laughed and turned towards him. "It's so obvious you two are together you know." He said. Laskey stood there stunned not knowing what to say, his mind racing. "Don't worry Tom, I'm just messing with you. Your secret is safe with me." He said with a smile. Tom noticeably relaxed. "Thanks." Tom said before looking back to the window. "Any time. Have fun while you're on leave sir." Armstrong said with a smile. "You too." Tom said before leaving to go to his room. Tom got back to his room and opened the door. As he walked in he saw Sarah putting both of their clothes into their bags. "Here let me give you a hand." He said and walked over to the closest. "Thanks, But I'm almost done." She said as she pulled the last of the desired clothes out of the closet. "So where do we want to go?" Tom asked as he sat down on the bed and watched her zip up the last bag. "Where are we docking again?" She asked as she moved over and sat down next to him. "New York." He said, "Well we could go somewhere in the city and find a nice Hotel." she said, as she placed her and on his. "Yeah I would like that." he said, before he leaned over and gave her a light kiss. "Good now that, that is settled let's head down to the hangers." she said as she stood up. Tom smiled and got up, they both grabbed their bags and walked out of the room. The hallways were packed with people as they all moved around, excited to get on leave. Sarah and Tom walked side by side down the hallway towards the tram station. As they arrived at the tram they only had to wait for a few moments before it arrived. It only took a few minutes to arrive at the main hanger. Tom and Sarah walked to a pelican that was just for them. "I can't wait to get off this ship." Sarah said as they sat down on the bench seats. "Yeah, it's been a while since we have been on actual ground." He said as he leaned back in his spot. "We are ready to take off Sir, where do you want to go?" The Pilot asked. Tom looked at Sarah and smiled. "You pick, where should we go?" She smiled and turned her attention to the pilot and said. "Take us to the nicest hotel in the city." The pilot nodded and walked back into the cockpit. Tom smiled and took her hand into his. The two looked into each others eyes before leaning closer and moving into a simple kiss as the pelican lifted off.