Set Sail

(If you haven't heard Original yet here it is <3)

"You what!?" John scrambled out of the hammock and rushed to the side of the ship as the young boy headed towards the edge of the land.

"John! Slow the boat down!" Polly called as she flew above us trying to grab our attention.

"Nope, I would like to speed up thank you!" John was a mess and the ship started to build up a feisty speed which made me grip the sides and almost lose my balance.

I watched as the giraffe picked up speed towards the towering bridge ahead of us, I started to feel the stress build-up.

"John! he's gonna jump slow the boat!" I called as loud as I could feeling my heart almost vault out my chest, I practically sprint to the head of the ship to try to keep an eye on where Tommy was I heard John cuss under his breath for the boys' illogical actions.

As the ship started to close into the bridge I saw Tommy, he was on a small square of wood lowering himself down which alone gave me half a heart attack but just as I thought I couldn't get more stressed the chains started to buckled and he came falling down, I heart stopped and my breath delayed I felt something grasp my hand, I looked up at John with terror written all over his face and I knew exactly what he was thinking but we could slow down the ship was already at such a high speed. 

This could end really badly...

However, as Tommy fell he grabbed onto the sails of the boat and slid down at a speed I definitely thought was going supply him with major injuries but luckily a soft item caught his fall, a moment of silence fell over the ship and all the animals and as on cue his head popped up a big smile plastered on his face and all the silence cracked as the animals surrounded him and applauding his 'breath-taking' stunt, I felt my body fall numb and I looked down catching my breath.

"Stubbins! what are you thinking?" John was furious and scared I could hear it tremble in his voice as he marched over to the boy.

"John we need to talk about this, come on over here" Polly directed him away from the mayhem and spoke to him calming his nerves and out the corner of my eye I could see her remind him of something, something that made his anger fade and his body, I didn't want to seem too invasive so I made my way over to see if Tommy was okay.

"Tommy? are you okay?" I asked taking a quick glimpse back at John and Polly.

"No broken bones and I'm not in the water so I think I'm fine" he smiled and gave me a questionable look.

"So, are you Dr. Dolittle's...." His voice was hesitant as he looked back and forth between us.

My face went crimson and all I could think was how Tommy thought of us.

"Oh..I'm his...Erm" I stuttered 

"She is our shipmate" 

John walked up behind me ending the awkward question, he had more of a skip in his step.

"And so are you, Stubbins, you are now part of the team. Welcome Aboard!"

The mood was suddenly lifted compared to about 20 minutes ago when I thought Tommy was going to jump to his death or at least a good few months of intense surgeries, I smiled and felt my body tingle with a warmth I saw the connection between us grow and this journey was going to allow us to grow, I had never been exposed to this feeling and now I don't want to lose it.

A few hours passed and the sun was beginning to set over the horizon, an evening breeze lifted my hair slightly off my shoulders, I just stared into the depths of the sea and admiring the views I had been blessed with, the way the sun hit the surface of the water made the water glisten and the rays leave a warmth across my face as the ship sailed forward I honestly felt like I was living in a dream, everyone was getting along and had settled on the ship after the predicament earlier this morning.