A visit to the Queen.

My whole childhood was rough, I wasn't believed in and got told that it was impossible to achieve what I wanted even though still to this day I don't know what I want even though I think I have a rough idea but it could be a stretch.

"He's understanding them and they understand him."

I was snapped out of my deep thought when I heard Tommy in an exciting pitch, the two children peered in deep concentration watching the man work with the animals Polar Bears, Dogs, Ducks, even a giraffe was helping in, a smile was placed on my face as I saw the squirrel slowly come back to reality, John looked up and for a second I thought he was looking at the kids but, he was looking up at me? I smiled and waved back just in pure amazement of how I was really here but I think my friends would be worried where I was, I should call them, John slowly finished up as the squirrel sat up and squeaked away giving Tommy a death stare which was mildly uncomfortable but never the less absolutely amazing.

"Mr. Dolittle, is there a phone I can use?" I asked walking over to him as he pulled the mask off his face and around his cave-man like beard.

"Of course, just over there" He pointed through a door with a bead curtain covering the frame, I smiled and thanked him quietly walking off into the open room and let him deal with the children, I heard Lady Rose start to pester him about the Queen again and waited for a few seconds to hear what she had to say but I knew I shouldn't so walk off to get the phone, the room was small and dark only a few candles lit it up and in the corner, there was a small shrine covered in papers, jewelry and then a photo which was slightly worn but you would see two people, John and Lily, a tear almost shed from my eye but I drew myself away from the shrine out of respect.

After looking for the phone and finally locating it I dialed my friend's number and twirled the phone coil around my finger in anticipation for her to answer, I muttered under my breath.

"Come on, pick up"

It only rang for longer, a wave of nervousness came over me and then the chilling sound of beeping echoed into my ear, I hung up and felt very cold but didn't let it rattle me too much she was probably outside or at work. I left the room and I couldn't find anyone.

"Mr.Dolittle?Lady Rose?. Tommy?"

I called out walking into each and every room and still, there was no sign of anybody around, I headed out to the garden and the gates were wide open. did they leave me? are you kidding me?! I let out a sigh and looked around completely dazed at the situation not knowing what to do, I'd go home but I want to talk to Mr.Dolittle properly I felt obliged to stay and introduce my work to him, I can't miss this chance but for as now I should probably head back inside and maybe Polly would know what happened or where they all went.

I stepped back into the house stretching my arms over my head and yawning, last night was so weird and everything has been happening so quick,

"Polly? you here?" I called out walking into the dining room and saw a big table with bowels and cups which had been used and left in place, a big machine hovered over the place and I'm assuming it prepares and serves food for the animals, John Dolittle you are a real work of art aren't you, I thought to myself and giggled a little than all at once I tripped and screamed knocking over some papers and boxes, I put my hand over my mouth and looked at the mess I had made and immediately got up grabbing each piece of paper and placing them neatly back on the desk, there was a piece of paper that grabbed my attention though it had writing on it and the paper looked very new, the more I analyzed it the more I realized what it was, a sort of diary entry.

29th January,

Polly brought someone to me, a young lady known by the name Keya Curtis, she is a bright girl with some interesting studies. I don't know what to do, should I ask her to stay or make her leave, my heart was so broken and will continue to be but for the first time in years, I felt something new something that lifted my spirits and gave me a flash of hope. She isn't Lily but I can't shake the feeling off of me that she is meant to be here with me.

The rest of the entry was scribbled out and completely unreadable so I folded it up and placed it back on his desk under a few papers to avoid any contact with it, I felt unquestionably happy with what I read but it could have meant anything I was just me, I'm not special.

After a few hours of waiting, I started to wonder if I should just leave but with the thought of that entry left in the depths of my heart bolted me to stay, did Dr.Dolittle have a slight attraction to me? or did I spark something inside him to start working again? all of these thoughts bottled up inside me as I made my way to the door and grabbed the handle opening it but everything happened so quickly the door was swung open almost hitting me over and there he was, I was face to face with him again, so close I could feel his heavy breath on my face which was covered with a hefty amount of blush.

"Mr.Dolittle-" I stopped talking and looked him up and down my heart skipped a beat as I saw the significant difference upon his body, his hair was much shorter but still had an untamed finish his beard was gone and I could see his smile as I stood there being an absolute fool in awe, but I couldn't take my eyes off him, everything was suddenly so blurry and I couldn't move.

"Keyla, something wrong?" He chuckled

"I, Uhm, yeah" I managed to stutter as my mind was flooded with the words from the entry mixing with his voice that sent chills down my spine, why oh why are you so attractive?!

Wait, did I just think that? I need to stop.

John had already walked in and I shifted myself back inside.

"Where did you go?" I inquired

John took a long deep breath and as he sat down in followed all the animals, Jip ran past me and done the same lying next to John, I took a seat next to him petting his head and scratching behind his ears.

"I went to Buckingham Palace, I saw the Queen. She is undoubtfully ill but I think I'm the only one that can save her. If I don't we lose this land and all the animals will be sent away."

"You're going to do it right?" I looked at him as he rubbed his temples in resentment.

"Keya, Come with me"

It's all he said before looking at me standing up holding his hand out just like when he took me out of the cold but this time his hand held mine with security, I stood up and looked up at him smiling.

"Of course I will"

Our eyes locked and his smile widened.

"Good choice Keya, now this isn't just a little trip down the road. we have to sail for weeks and retrieve a cure from the Eden tree and to find that..we need Lily's journal which is kept with Rassouli and we aren't the closest of friends at the moment"

I was scanning his actions as he paced back and forth packing bags and asking the animals to prepare for the long trip, it's like he had a lot of stress on his mind but I knew we could do this, or he could at least but no way would I let this go.

"Keya have you seen my-"

I don't know what I did, I don't know why and I don't know how but I did and it felt crazy. The warmth, the softness, the feeling exploded inside me and I felt like a lovestruck teenager.

I just kissed John Dolittle.

A/N: I knowwwwww this has ended weird but just hold on okay I'm taking this somewhere XD

ALSOOO I'm GETTing so many views now!! I promise if you stay this will all get better! I'm just working on building the story up!, and if you weren't ware yes this is a Dolittle X reader btw (: