Part 6

Peter's pov

Mom and dad have kept me out of the public eye for 9 months. Ever since I was adopted, they have been very careful about being seen with me in public. For school, Happy would take me and pick me up everyday. I didn't want the press knowing about me yet. No one really knew who I was except my family and the avengers, not even security. But Mom made protecting me one of their top priorities anyways.

Happy parked right outside the gate of the cemetery before rolling down the barrier in the car. I looked out the window and saw a few people lingering around.

"We will be waiting here as long as you want" Dad placed his hand on my shoulder and held out the flowers

Dad took off the morning to come with me to the cemetery. Mom had a meeting but she said we could drink hot chocolate and watch movies together when I got back. I gathered my bouquet of flowers and headed outside. Once I shut the car door I walked through the gate and over to where my family was.

Mary Parker - Beloved mother, wife, and friend

Richard Parker - Amazing husband, father, and friend

Ben Parker - Kind Husband, Uncle, Brother and friend
"With Great Power comes Great Responsibility"

May Parker - Beloved Wife, Aunt, and Friend

I looked along their graves and when I reached May's grave I sat down on the grass and I put down the flowers.

"Hey May. It has been about 9 months since you died. I don't know why I decided to come today, but maybe it was because I had a nightmare last week. I still think about you everyday. Mom and Dad are really great and I'm glad to have them. I'm also kinda afraid because I've lost everyone and I don't know if I could live losing anyone else. I really miss you. Tell Ben is miss him too and that I'm sorry" I told her

I tried to tell her more about school and my life, but tears kept streaming down my cheeks and I felt my body starting to shake. It wasn't supposed to be like this. My family was supposed to be alive. I wiped my tears and stood up to brush off my pants. I will miss my family forever, but I was happy with my new family and couldn't imagine my life without them.

I took one last look at each of the graves before walking back to the car. I opened the door and I instantly climbed in my dad's arms. I cried into his chest and he held me in his arms until we made it back home.

"Come on Pete. Your mom is waiting for us. She already has Star Wars playing on the TV, and she invited Bruce to watch with us. Today is family time" Dad wrapped his arm around my shoulder and leaned against him

We walked into the building and went straight for the private elevator. When I walked in Mom and Uncle Bruce were sitting on the couch. I walked over to them and gave them both a hug before sitting down with everyone. I leaned into mom's chest and she wrapped a blanket around me.

We stayed like this for hours. Dad, mom, and I were on the big couch, while uncle Bruce took the chair right next to us. We laughed at the jokes and I quoted the movie line by line, Dad hated when I did that, but he let me do it today.

Later....

Natasha's pov

I've been looking for anything I could possibly find on Peter. I found out his name was actually Peter Parker, that was until 9 months ago when he was adopted. The poor kid lost his parents, aunt, and uncle and he wasn't even 15 yet. No kid should have to go through that. I was glad Tony and Pepper took the kid in, because he really needed loving parents. I was curious to see Tony as a parent, but I wasn't going to push it today.

"Nat? We're supposed to be sparring. Pay attention" Clint said

We're all training or working out. Clint has been trying to take me down for 20 minutes, but has had no luck so far. He tried to punch me, but I smacked his arm away and kicked him in his ribs. He then leaned over and kicked my leg which caused me to fall.

"Something is on your mind. You usually wouldn't go down that easy. What's wrong?" He asked helping me stand up

I walked over and grabbed my towel before taking a drink of water.

"I have a lot on my mind. I'm tired right now, so how about we take a break? You still need to practice with your new explosive arrows"

"Yes Captain Natasha" He laughed before saluting

Once he walked away, I took a seat and watched the others. Sam was on the treadmill, while Bucky and Steve were lifting weights. Men and their muscles. It seems like all they cared about was strength.

"Friday? Is Stark busy?" I asked the A.I

"Yes. It would seem that Mr. Stark is participating is family time"

Family time? Things really did change around here. I guess I would have to wait until tomorrow to talk to him. Once I had enough water, I stood up and walked over to the punching bag. I had a lot of anger to get out of my system.

Peter's pov

I was still sitting on the couch laying against Uncle Bruce. Mom and dad were in the kitchen working on dinner and discussing the museum opening. It had to be rescheduled until the end of the summer, because there was some sort of delay. I didn't know much because mom told me to stop listening to other people's conversation.

"Hey Pete, can I talk to you about something?" Uncle Bruce asked me

"Sure"

"Well I've been talking to your dad and he was thinking about introducing you to the rest of the avengers"

I didn't want to meet them. They nearly killed my dad and betrayed him. Mom and dad told me I would have to talk to them and apologize eventually, which was stupid because I don't regret anything I said. He even suggested that we would start having dinner together....all of us.

"Would I have to talk to them? They make me nervous and kind of angry" I asked him, but before he could answer, mom interrupted

"No....but you need to be civil. They live here now, so that means you will be around them. Remember what your father told you a few days ago? You don't have to talk to them much, but be polite and your usual sweet self. Understand?" Mom walks over and pulls me off the couch

"Yes mom. I will behave"

She pulled me in for a quick hug and we all went to the kitchen table to eat dinner. Dad made shawarma, it was his favorite.

I didn't want things to change, but maybe dad was right about accepting the avengers. The rest of the evening was spent talking and laughing around the table. After dinner, I left straight for patrol like always.

Hopefully this will never change.