Chapter 1

Ughhhh. Of course Scarlet was right. The minute I stepped into second period history my stomach dropped, not only was I late, but I had a test in the hardest subject in the whole world, wait no, scratch that, history is only ONE of the many subjects I stuggle with.

"AHHHHHHH Ms. Lovano you finally decided to grace us with your almighty presence." Says my teacher Mr. Smithe. I absolutely HATE history with a passion, but Mr. Smithe is one of my favorite teachers. The way he explains things makes them funny and helps me understand. Well, I always think I understand. I never really do.I cant help it I'm just a really bad test/homework taker/doer.

"Listen Mr.Smithe I'm sorry I'm late some random dude stopped me in the middle of the hallway and started acting all weird" I explained. This was the truth, when I was rushing down the hallways making pretty good time, a random guy I had never seen before totally crashed into me making me fall down, HARD, and my books landed everywhere. He then responded like a total looney bird would by taking a piece of my long curly black hair and tucking behind my ear, he then placed his hand under my chin and lifted my head to the same level as his our faces were inches apart and the weird thing was I didn't want to pull away, it felt OK, comfortable even.

"Can't keep the boys of ya can ye" Said Mr. Smithe in his fake sailor accent making the whole class laugh.

I slowly made my way to my usual seat at the front of the classroom. At the seat awaited me the long dreaded test. I sat down and took one look at it. Lord God be with me as I fail this test. Literally the only other thought I had during the whole test was When the actual f*ck did we learn this? and Did he NOT say this was NEVER going to be on ANY test!!!???

After the test I had 3rd period creative writing. To keep this short and sweet I LOOOOVE WRITING. It all started with my love of reading as a kid. I know what your thinking: DORKVILLE and to be really honest, I was. When I read a book I was another person, in another place, with a whole diferent life. To know that I could bring that same sensation to people all over truly inspires me.

I quickly made a stop at my locker to get my books and took off remembering that today we were 'free lancing with friends'. This was basically where Mrs. Davis gave us assigned partners and we would randomly write a chapter book all through out the next month. We would have to work with the assigned person and create the whole story, it was one of my favorite things to do.

I was the first person in the room. Even Mrs. Davis wasn't there yet. The next person in though, was her.  She was one of my favorite teachers with short chin length red hair, electric blue eyes and a hinting smile ever on her bright pink lips. She was in her 40s and looked my age. She was one of the nicest teachers at my school. She gave me a hello and made small talk and started checking something on her agenda thingy-ma-bob.

I was surprised at who the next person to enter the room was. It was the nut case that trampled me earlier that morning. I noticed him making his way over and I pretended to be busy.

"Is this seat taken?" He said pointing to the seat next to me. I really didn't want to sit next to him no matter how beautiful his huge brown eyes were, or how kissable his lips looked. He could be a murderer, or a rapist for God's sake. What did I know about him anyway? I had never seen him around the school before. I could see Mrs. Davis giving me a little wink out of the corner of my eye. She was always bugging me saying that it was time for me to get a boyfriend.

"Yes, yes it is." I answered defiantly. Locking eyes with him and giving him the scariest look I could muster. All he did was laugh.

"Well then. I guess that's just too bad now isn't it" He answered smirking sitting down either way. I could feel my blood pulsing,WHAT A LITTLE BRAT HE HAS ABSOLUTELY NO MANNERS WHATSOEVER. I was about to tell him so when he went on: "My name's Xavier. I'm a transfer student from Russia. What's your name?" Now this normally wouldn't be seen as a bad statement if it hadn't been for the fact that he was legitamatly staring at my chest THE WHOLE TIME. I was just about to move a seat over when I realized that seat was taken, so was every other seat for that matter. The class had already begun, Ms. Davis had already begun explaining the lesson.

"Tundra brat" I muttered under my breath. I wasn't being racist it was just that he had short silver hair. A red ball shaped earring with a long silver braid dangling from it, a red shirt with the words 'I heart russia' on it. His sleeveless sweater said Russia printed on the back he was probably homesick, but I just felt mean today. Ever since I bumped into him, I also felt relaxed. It was weird. After I said those words Zack or Ben or whatever his name was let out a bellowing laugh making the whole class stare at him, then at me I felt myself blush and looked down at my paper and concentrated hard on a story I was working on. I hated it when people stared at me. A few minutes later I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was probably my new partner. I looked up ready to greet them when I realized it was just Loony Boy. "What do you want tundra brat. If you dont mind I'm waiting for my partner to come." I said just then realizing how harsh I sounded.

"Sorry but I need help" He said "All I need is for you to point out my partner to me. I know her name, it's Janae Lovano" he said "Do you know who that is?" He said.

Uhhhhh why Jesus why."Pull up a seat Tundra, you're with me" I said, we both exchanged short smiles.

"Yes ma'am" he said saluting me with a goofy smile on his face. Maybe we could be friends after all.