Chapter Sixteen

Brian stood there defeated as he stood at the cave opening with  a very heavy Jay Carter leaning against him.  Brian cursed to himself lightly and rubbed his foot against the ground, thinking on what to do. Jay watched him silently from his position on his shoulder, he didn't realize how warm Brian was until now; or it was perhaps that it was him who was deathly cold. He didn't know but he didn't much care to know. It was his chance to write the the wrong he had done.

Turning back to the cave entrance he watched the blizzard take place they wouldn't be stuck here if it wasn't for him and his stupidity. Why did he come out here anyway? He couldn't recall his reasoning anymore. "Looks like were going to be here awhile"

Bryan didn't make a sound beside him for a few moments before the shift of his shoulders and Jay suddenly came in contact with the hard stone floor. " This is your fault!...I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you!"

Jay picked himself up off the floor and leaned against the side of the cave and looked at Brian, his back turned to him so he couldn't see his face.

"Then why did you come here?" Bryan heard the whisper but it was loud in his ears. Why did he? For Cheryl, and maybe just maybe a little bit for himself.  "I came here for Cheryl, she was worried.....and your brother was in an accident, he's critical", turning around he watched Jays reaction to the news, but not a single emotion crossed his face as usual.

"You don't care do you? About anyone? The always elusive robot Jay Carter", he spat stepping closer.

Jay watched him step forward he contemplated responding but was their a point he seemed to think he knew him well enough. It was spiteful to keep quiet if he wanted to change the way things are he assumed himself needed to change. He was about to respond mouth half open when Brian continued his rant.

"That cant be true can it, because I've seen emotion cross your face everyday you watch Cheryl, even the simpleness of a cup of coffee can send you pleasure. I've watched you enough to know a little bit about you. You keep yourself locked up and under control to stop from being hurt am I right?  You're just lonely and scared of anyone wanting to be close am I right? Tell me Jay am I right? OR am I just the one whose hoping theirs some form of emotion in your robotic body of yours?"

Brian watched him expectantly, but nothing came. Huffing a sigh and rolling his eyes he gripped Jay around the arm and hoisted him onto his shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

"What's it look like robot, were going deeper into the cave so we don't freeze".

Jay looked at him with amusement, "its colder back there we have a better chance building a fire".

Sighing in frustration, "fine we build a fire."