Chapter Three

A/N: Well hope you all liked the last chapter, hope it doesn't seem like I'm trying to rush through it or anything. So don't forget to leave a comment, vote or add it to your reading list. No pressure. ( I will so pressure you *grovels* lol jkjk) //Sorry for the long wait!---My computer gave me the blue screen of death, but now I have a new one and I can finally update!//

Enjoy.

Chapter Three

My eyes locked on his and I could feel my face flush. I was glad it was dark he hopefully couldn't see it. He was gorgeous. Grey eyes, dark hair almost black. He wore faded blue jeans, but by the hem on them and the logo on the side of his pocket they were Levi's Signature. His shirt was a dusted light blue plaid button up; couple of the buttons were undone at the top leaving no room for imagination you could tell he was beautifully built. He was also wearing some beige colored cowboy boots. I was so lost in my checking him out, I hadn't noticed he said something until he was waving a hand in my face.

"Hey kid, are you in there?" the stranger said kneeling down infront of me.

Like an idiot I stared at him, opening my mouth like a guppy.

He chuckled and gave a dashing smile "Hey kid, names Jay Carter, now how about you prove to me your competent and why you are out here?"

Competent? My guppy like faze faded instantly. Sure I probably looked stupid sitting there in the grass like this; but who was he? A stranger no less to say something like that to me? "My name is Brian Clarke and I can assure you I am quite competent old man" I said to standing up, staring down at him directly into his grey eyes.

"Old man?" He closed his eyes and bent his head down towards the ground, I would assume he was trying to grab some patience; if it wasn't for the low rumble that resounded around us in the darkness. He was chuckling. "If that's the case, you should respect your elders" He said looking up at me, his eyes penetrating me.

I stumbled for words for a moment.

"I give respect where it's earned Mr.....?" I stated calmly as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Carter, Jay Carter" he said standing up thrusting his calloused hand out to me, I stared at it for a moment, then looked at him before I took it in a firm grip. "Pleasure Mr.Carter" I said with mild disdain, I tilted my head at him and cocked an eyebrow "now why would you be out here late at night" I questioned him. He stared at me for a moment.

"Well?" I stated impatiently. I don't have all night to wait for this old albeit very sexy man from what I can tell of this darkneded animal infested forest to give me an answer. He smirked at me. I felt myself bristle at his what appeared to be cockyness! "I was taking a stroll" he stated calmly putting his hands into his front pockets. He gazed at me leisurely. "How about you kid?".

"My names Brian I expect you to use it Mr. Carter" I stated matter of factly.

"Oh really you expect that from me? A complete stranger you just met?" I stared at him long and hard. "Of course, it's proper ediquite" The older man just stared at me. Then he out right laugh, his deep broken laughter rang in my ears. "Ediquite? Do you really wanna start talking to me about Ediquite you snot nosed punk" he stated harshly.

I stepped back for a moment, caught off guard by this guys brisk rude attitude he was displaying. Did I insult his honor? Did he pee on the patch of grass I'm standing on? Am I in his territory? Wether whose at fault, cause well let's face it I did call him old man first; it's about who ended it, he's just rolling with it. Despite my better judgement and my uncompassionate manners taught by my mother, I smiled whole heartedly and apologised to the arrogant old man. "My sorry I was disrespectful to you, after all you are what?--- 80?" Ok so I had to throw another comment in there can you really blame me?

Jay raised his eyebrow at the young man. He was deffiantly an ODD one at that. He took in his appearance. His clothing was fashioned and new, not fit to be out wondering the woods, but it was covered in old dust and dirt. He was either rolling around in the dirt or he was doing some type of manual labour. Jay scoffed to himself; Like the kid would do hard work, the guy was scrawny, lanky even. "So why are you out here then Brian".

"I was looking for the river, unfortunately I must have took a turn somewhere."

He chuckled. I could feel myself stiffen and the hair on my arm bristle up in annoyance. It was as if he was mocking me. "What's so funny?" I asked stepping intently foreword to come right up to his face, he was significantly taller but I wouldn't let that intimidate me.

I stared up his straight yet crooked nose to meet his eyes. They erred down at me something was brewing in them. I wondered what it could be. I felt my face flush lightly being this close it was hard not to notice his dashing good looks. Taking a deep breath to distract myself, I smelt it. Taking another sniff just to be sure; I was correct. He smelt like hard liquor. It explained his jerkiness.

Sighing outwardly I stepped back and looked at him.  

"I'll find my way, I suggest you continue on yours", before he could respond I turned on my heel and walked in a random direction. Stepping behind a tree I learned against the cold bark listening. I heard him grumble something just below his breathe but just loud enough to be heard, just not loud enough to be distinguished. He snorted and could only assume he shuffled his boot into the dirt before I heard his foot steps fade away. Pushing off the trunk I walked further into the woods. Hopefully I'll find my way and I won't die out here.

It was a while before I found the river, the moon was high in the sky, casting a light warm inviting glow on the shimmering top of the water. I felt the smile grace my face, and for the breifest of moments, even tho I never wanted to admit it, I believe I could live here and survive here and nt be the wild wolves next meal.   

Stripping of my clothes, I walked to the waters edge. With one foot in to break the waters threshold, I  jumped in. Like a thousand needles hitting my skin, I broke the surface with a deep shriek of surprise, I wasn't expecting it to be so cold, it being so close to summer! 

"Man does it feel good!" I said to myself as I rubbed the water against my arm, removing the grunge and the grime of the move today.