Still, Harry hoped that Tom liked Harry the same way Harry liked Tom. It was a one in a billion chance, seeing as Tom would biologically be attracted to the one wizard or witch that is perfect for him, but Harry still hoped.

Even if it was futile.

Even if Harry wasn't Tom's mate, Tom deserved more than one person who loved him unconditionally.

Even if Tom doesn't love Harry back.

Ow. Why did Harry's heart hurt so much?

"Well, that bacon looks good," Ron said, eyeing it.

Harry, still in his trance, shrugged his shoulders. "Have some if you want it."

The duo were silent, and it was strange enough to pull Harry back into the world of the living. Why were they staring at him so intently?

"You need to eat some first," Hermione said, as if it were obvious. "He got them for you."

Harry frowned. "I don't need to eat them first. He got them because the table ran out, I just happen to be the only Gryffindor he knew so he gave it to me."

His mouth tasted acidic after he said it. Harry almost gagged at the taste— what the fuck? It was almost as if someone had squirted lemon juice in his mouth. He must have eaten something acidic earlier.

Ron sighed. "Just eat some of the bacon, mate. I'm hungry and if I know what's going on, you'll find out soon enough."

Obviously still confused, Harry took a few pieces of bacon from the communal plate and placed it onto his own. He sunk his teeth into a piece, and immediately moaned.

Holy shit, that couldn't be normal bacon.

"Merlin, you have to try this bacon!" Harry exclaimed, taking another bite and nearly moaning again. "It tastes so good."

"Yeah, bacon always tastes good," Ron joked, but he reached out and took a piece, promptly taking a bite. Instead of the reaction Harry had been expecting, he just raised a brow. "Tastes the same as any other. You good, mate?"

From next to Ron, Hermione hit him with her elbow. Ron grunted and held his hand to his side, sending Hermione a glare. "What did I do now?"

"You know exactly why I did that," Hermione deadpanned, before her attention turned to Harry. "I'm sure it tastes amazing."

"But c'mon 'Mione, it's Riddle! It looks like it, but— OW!"

Once again, Hermione hit Ron with her elbow, glared at him, and Ron went silent.

What was that about?

He sent a questioning look at Ron, trying to get an answer out of him, but the redhead just looked down at the food and shrugged.

Harry was sure his friends knew something he didn't. But seeing their reactions, they didn't want to tell him. Had that ever happened before?

Harry was too nervous to work up an appetite, so he skipped dinner. He was sure Tom would be looking for him in the Great Hall, but they had their designated meet up spot and so Harry knew he could easily explain it to him when they met up.

It was cold outside, so Harry was wearing a red sweater Mrs. Weasley had knitted for him, ripped jeans, and black boots. He made sure to remember to cast a warming charm when they left the castle.

Harry tried in vain to style his hair, but in the end, it still looked just as messy as it had before. Well, that had wasted a good twenty minutes.