Yeosang comes out of the living room seconds later with his hair tied into two little stumps on the top of his head, one of them flopping to the side. He didn't look too happy with how the sparkly green elastics tangled into his hair. He sees Hyekyung resting on Seonghwa's hips and crosses his arms.

"Oh, hi Seonghwa hyung," he says quickly, giving acknowledgement to the older boy before giving his attention to Hyekyung. "Young lady! What did you do, I can't take it off!" he tugs at his hair and the little plastic bands getting tangled in them.

Hyekyung giggles, "you look pwetty, Yeoyeo!"

She then wiggles out of Seonghwa's arms and drags Yeosang back into the living room, saying that he should've left it and not touch it if he didn't want it to get tangled. Before they disappear, Yeosang looks back and flash us a grin.

"She's grown up so much," Seonghwa comments, gushing about her as he cracks his neck. "Her pronunciation is getting better too! Soon enough she'll be in first grade, and then she'll be in secondary school, then high school and oh my God! What happens when she gets a boyfriend?"

The horror in his eyes is hilarious, making me smack his arm lightly. "I haven't even thought about it that far, relax a little, Hwa," I say, "...so.... what made you come?"

"Just because," he answers, shrugging, "I hope I'm not disturbing anything."

"Nah, dinner will still be a while so you're good," I tell him as we walk through my hallway, "and besides, you can join in if you want. I'm sure mum won't mind another person, she usually cooks a lot."

Seonghwa grits his teeth nervously. "To be honest, I've never really known what to reply when someone asks me that."

"Just say yes?"

"Okay," he giggles.

"Hold on, let me just grab my blanket, I'll be back in a second and we can talk in the back foyer?"

"Sure!"

With fast steps, I quickly climb the stairs and close my room shut. I find myself grinning like an idiot as I lean on my door, still processing what's happening. Seonghwa's here! Even though he said he'll still be away! All the somewhat happy feeling in me bursts and I let out a silent scream. Trust me, I'm not always like this but...

Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God. Breathe.

Sucking a breath in, I slap myself lightly on the cheek for getting too excited and snatch a thin blanket off my bed before wrapping it around my shoulders, skipping back down the stairs. Yeosang was peeping out of the living room, snickering at how I almost tripped over a stair and I swear to God, I will land him a punch when Seonghwa leaves.

When I got to where I left Seonghwa, mum is having a conversation with him and in her hands are two new bottles of chardonnay. From here, I can't tell what they're saying and all I can see is that mum seems to be enjoying whatever they're talking about. Seonghwa looks as if he's liking it too, judging by how he looks comfortable and relaxed. But trying to keep her from saying anything embarrassing, I quickly snatch him away from her and give her a half apologetic smile.

"What- Shin! We were just getting to the best part..!" I hear her from the hallway after pushing Seonghwa out of the door and into the back foyer.

"Save the best for never!" I call back, shutting the door behind me.

Seonghwa watches me with an amused smirk, arms crossed, and I turn back on my heels to face him. "What did she tell you?" I ask him whilst turning on the outdoor heater we have, motioning for him to sit down on one of our benches.