𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

"I'd prefer not to talk about it."

Emily sighs. "Suit yourself, I'll find out eventually. Now." Emily says. "Did you wash his uniform?"

Sebastian's heart skips a beat. No, I didn't. I was actually quite busy being a body for my father and his friends to fuck. "No-" Sebastian begins, but is cut off by Letitia.

"I did." She says, throwing the uniform over at Emily. "Seb here was busy." Letitia finishes dryly.

Emily nods. "Right, let's finish phase two." She says, grabbing Sebastian's stitched wrist harshly. Sebastian winces.

"Actually, Emily." Letitia cuts in. "Seb and I have to go and talk to our teachers for all the work we missed out on. I'm sure you can return the uniform on your own."

The two girls glare at one another before Emily scoffs and let's go of Sebastian. "Fine. Have fun." She spits dryly, turning and walking into the school.

Sebastian breathes a sigh of relief. "Thanks." He mumbles.

Letitia shrugs and lends her hand, only if Sebastian wanted to take it. Sebastian looks at her and interlocks their fingers, feeling the panic ease. "Of course, Seb." Letitia responds, leading him gently into the school.

"Your dad didn't do anything to you, did he?" She whispers for only Sebastian to hear. "I was really scared that he was gonna hurt you."

Sebastian shakes his head slowly. "N-no." He stammers. "Nothing happened, don't worry."

Letitia nods. "Okay. Let's go to history first, the teacher might even give us an extension."

"Okay."

****

Sebastian, just like any other day, was sitting in the library, trying not to cry. He was shaking almost violently, lower lip quivering. School was beginning to grow too much for him to handle.

All the beady eyes on him made Sebastian feel sick. All the worried glances made his heart hammer. He just wanted to go. Not home, just somewhere he felt safe.

"Hey, you okay?"

Sebastian flinches and raises his head, locking eyes with the soft blue hues he knew all too well. Sebastian shrugs. "I-I don't know." He whispers.

Chris frowns and takes a slow seat beside Sebastian, placing his hand over top of the shaking one and interlocking the fingers. The touch was soft, gentle, full of care. Sebastian hadn't a clue what to do.

Chris places his other hand on the small of Sebastian's back, tracing his fingers slowly up and down Sebastian's prominent spine. "Talk to me." He whispers. "What's going on?"

Sebastian shakes his head. "I— I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"I just- I can't." Sebastian responds, breaking down into sobs.

Chris acts fast; he pulls Sebastian into his strong chest, continuing to hold onto the shaking hand and rubbing slowly circles over the knuckles. He removes his other hand from Sebastian's back and places it through the soft locks, massaging the scalp gently. "Shhh." Chris coos, "Shh. It's okay."