Invasion

Uh so this is like an alien au mixed with a soulmate au? I know it's different, please enjoy anyway :)!

Day 1:

Eddie's life was pretty good, honestly. He didn't have very many friends, but he didn't really need them either. He had a supportive father, his mother was going to counseling so she was being more supportive as opposed to toxic, and Eddie only had one year left of high school.

Life was good.

He went to school, hung out with his few friends, he wasn't bullied very often anymore, and he was a great student and a school track star.

The only thing wrong with his life was the news. For weeks, there had been strange frequencies going over the radio and the TV, stating that there was a dangerous something approaching. No one had any information, so Eddie didn't really dwell, knowing it was probably some big prank that would blow over in a few weeks.

"Eddie!" a distressed voice cried as Eddie walked into the school building.

Eddie barely had any time to catch his breath as a body barreled into him. His eyes shot open in shock, clutching his best friend, Bev.

"Bev? What's wrong?" he asked, worried about his usually excited and bubbly friend.

"No time to explain," Bev said, grabbing Eddie's hand and running out of the school. "Ben's gone to find Mike. We're getting to the clubhouse."

Eddie didn't question her, running side by side with his friend as they made their way to the clubhouse. There were strange sounds echoing around them as they ran, resembling gunshots, but Eddie tried to shake the thought out of his head.

Guns weren't used in Derry.

Once they reached the clubhouse, Eddie saw Ben standing at the entrance, anxiously waiting for Bev and Eddie.

"Come on!" he called, opening the entrance. "We have to go!"

The two dove inside and ran to the back as Ben closed the door behind them. He secured it with a lock that he must've bought at some point, before following the pair to the back.

Mike was sitting in a chair, holding a radio in his lap. He looked unnerved, glancing at the other three. "What's going on? All I know is that I get to school and Ben finds me and tells me we have to run," he said, caught between anger and fear.

"Yeah, Bev didn't tell me anything either," Eddie said, crossing his arms and climbing into the hammock. "Thanks for that."

Bev glared at him and took the radio from Mike. "Ben and I got to school early to work on our history project, and something came over the school speakers. It sounded like the weird warnings we've been getting but this time..."

"It was worse," Ben said, understanding Bev's reluctance to speak. "It was a message from the government, telling all of us to run. It could be a hoax, but then..." He paused and sighed shakily. "A girl in the room started to shift. Like, breaking out of her own skin into some kind of creature. It was disgusting and..."

"What do you mean by some kind of creature?" Eddie asked, eyes wide.

"There's some kind of invasion," Bev explained. "The warnings have been from whatever is coming to earth, telling us to basically stay out of their way. They're among us, trying to kill our whole population."

"What are they?" Eddie asked, his stomach churning with nerves. "I don't understand, Bev."

"Neither do we. All we know is that they look like us, but their eyes are a weird golden color, their skin looks like it's dusted in gold as well, and they have razor sharp teeth. They can disguise their skin and teeth as human, but they can't hide their eyes. It's never mattered because no one has ever bothered looking and assumed they were just an eye color." Bev paused and looked at Ben. "At least, that's what we've seen from the people in our school who shifted into whatever creature they are."