Chapter 22: Obsession

Começar do início

"I don't trust the pair of you. What are you up to now? Threatening more harmless kids to do your bidding, hm?" Gage shakes his head, lifting two fingers to his forehead in a salute.

"Nope! We committed no mischief, scouts honor." I snicker, and he smirks down at Darby.

"I don't care anyways! Just leave me alone, I don't wanna talk to the likes of you.'' Yeesh. And Gage thought I was harsh. But he's so cute! With a burst of love, I grab Darby and hug him to me, giving him a nuggie at the same time.

"Aww! You're so cute when you're angry!" He struggles furiously against my hold, while Gage laughs hysterically.

"Get off me! Let go, you crotch stain!" I stop for a second, and crinkle my nose. Then I immediately start giving a nuggie again.

"EW! Naughty boy! Who let you out of your cage today?! Such a foul mood!" He thrashes and wiggles, but there is no chance. Poor little man. 

"O-okay! Let him go Levi, h-he's gonna break his back moving around like a nut!" Gage says through his laughter and I pout, letting him go. He drops to the floor, but is up again just as quickly.

"Jerks!" That's all he shouts before running off, his little legs moving him surprisingly fast. 

Gage walks up next to me, wiping tears from his eyes.

"Why do that?" I shrug.

"Just felt like it." He chuckles, when we both hear a squeak and look to see the detectives coming out of the school. Wow, time flies.

"How'd it go?" I ask as Gage and I walk up to them. Tess looks troubled, and Malotti looks like he's calculating. 

"It went fine," Tess says. "We'll explain further over lunch. If you're going to help us with this, you need to be informed completely." 

"Okay. Is it okay if Gage tags along?" She looks over at him.

"Is this the boy you're staying with?" 

"Yeah." She nods, and Malotti looks appalled.

"Tess! This isn't a party! We're only letting him come because we might need him! We can't bring his random friend!" 

"I don't see why not Oliver. He might help too, right?" She says, looking at Gage who nods in confirmation.

Next thing we know, we're in the back of the squad car headed to subway! Oh the powers of love!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Okay, so we interviewed all of the staff pretty quickly." Malotti says sourly as Tess eats her sandwich cheerily.

"I ruled out the teachers. They all seem to be annoyed with you for some reason or other-heh-but they don't have access to your home address. Which is weird, but they don't." I ignore the little chuckle in the middle, and motion for him to continue.

Gage and Tess are just eating like fatties, while us men talk business. That's right, I am the man in this relationship!.....Don't snicker, I can hear you snickering. It's true!

"So, our main suspect is probably...the Principal." Oh you don't say?

"Why is that?" I ask him, just to hear his opinion.

"He seems to dislike intensely, maybe even hate you. He was careful when we spoke to him, but I haven't been on the force for this long for nothing. I could see right through it. Question is, why does he hate you so much? Can you answer that for me Levi?" Sighing, I am reluctant to give up my little game with him and Tess. Once he knows i'm gay, he won't be as fun to tease. Oh well, catching my dad's murderer is more important.

"It's because i'm gay." Malotti spits out the soda he had been drinking, all over the table. Tess just grins to herself, giving me a quick wink letting me know she knew the whole time. It is kind of obvious. Gage chuckles beside me, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"And this handsome fella here is my boyfriend! Ain't it grand?" I say, smiling at Malotti who is gaping.

"This whole time....nevermind." He shakes his head, looking mighty ashamed. 

"Yep. Wiggins, by the way, follows us around, watching and making sure we don't touch or do anything intimate in his school." 

"Why didn't you tell us this before? It would have narrowed down our search quite a bit."

"He just started doing it yesterday, because we skipped school Monday. Once he called me to his office, threatening me in case I broke the rules." Tess tenses, and Malotti sighs.

"Threatened you how?" I shift in my seat.

"Verbally. He said he would kick me out of school, and that he had ways to ensure that I would obey if he couldn't kick me out." Their eyes widen.

"That's a verbal threat indeed. We could arrest him for that, but we don't want to tip him off even more. Say, don't get yourself hurt, but try and attract his attention as much as possible, see what his reaction is. Get yourselves called to his office even, but not alone. See if he drops hints about your father's murder." Tess says, and Gage and I nod. 

Lunch ends quickly after that, Malotti being a whole lot nicer since he doesn't think i'm hitting on his woman. Damn. It was fun while it lasted.

They dropped us off at Gage's, and we go inside talking about what we could do to press Wiggins' buttons at school. Oh, now this, this should be fun.

----------That was kind of long. Eh! Comment people! I cherish le comments! And le votes heh. What is this accent? i don't know. Anyway, MASSIVE thank you to those who have voted, fanned, and commented already. Comment also if you know the VERY subtle reference I just did. Who say's MASSIVE thank you lots? Heehee :D----------