Words Can Only Do Harm

Author's Note: I created this using four different POV's: two female, two male. I guess you could call it a love rectangle? It's a little random, I'll admit. The song used is "Enjoy The Silence" by Depeche Mode but I listened to the Amberlin cover while writing this. Happy readings =]

~Female I POV~

“I’m leaving you,” he had told me vigorously, his dark brown eyes bore the words into me.

Words like violence, break the silence 

The intensity of the moment shook me to my very core- interrupting my unfazed world of perfection.

Come crashing in, into my little world.

The thought of being without him was unbearable. What had these last three years been- just a game? Was he tired of me? Did he find someone better? Was it that other girl- the brunette? My eyes stung as tears of betrayal prepared to cascade down my face.

Painful to me, pierce right through me

I choked back my whirlwind of emotions- fear, anger, and loss. I didn’t want to comprehend what was actually unraveling before me. I just couldn’t compute the words “It’s over” into my brain.

Can’t you understand? Oh, my little girl.

~Female II POV~

I have always jumped from heartbreak to heartbreak. The most recent trial and error had been overwhelming. Sometimes I would fear that I may never get over him.

All I ever wanted 

But now, I’m trying to win over the best friend in order to get back at the other. Call me evil.

All I ever needed is here in my arms

“You’re no good for me,” he had told me. His voice had emphasized the turmoil hidden beneath his words. 

Words are very unnecessary 

That very sentence struck a chord in my tainted heart. He had destroyed me, and I was seeking my revenge.

They can only do harm.

~Male I POV~

I curse the day I ever said the words “I love you”

Vows are spoken to be broken

They say things have to get worse before they can get better. It’s the other way around- everything has a peaceful upbringing before all hell sets loose.

Feelings are intense, words are trivial

Feeling are never mutual, and someone always ends up getting hurt. In order to experience true happiness, one must undergo a traumatizing downfall.

Pleasures remain, so does the pain.

What was the point in wishing for forever if it didn’t exist? And why should we make promises they’re bound to end uo being broken?

Words are meaningless and forgettable

~Male II POV~

Torn between dwelling in the past over a heartless bitch or moving on forward and venturing into the dark side with a tainted angel.

All I ever wanted

I knew what I had wanted, but what I needed now was a taste of sweet, dark romance with someone who would actually give a damn about me.

All I ever needed is here, in my arms

I had said, “I’m done.” Now I say, “I’m ready.”

Words are very unnecessary 

Due to the fact that I had ended another chapter in my life, I was forced to unveil the next one; leaving the curse behind.

They can only do harm.