Change

I shift anxiously.

"Uh, what are you staring at?" I ask. He blushes a tad and closes his mouth.

"You, you look gorgeous tonight." He says choppily.

"Thanks." I say sheepishly.

"Uh, so where would you like to go?"

"Anywhere you would like to."

"Okay." he leads me out to his car. I climb into the passenger seat. He drives off and we chatter about little things. We soon arrive at an Olive Garden and we walk in. It has a nice setting and the smell of garlic bread is everywhere. It's very inviting.

What isn't inviting are the stares. Almost everyone in the restaurant is staring at Harry but I cant figure out why. I mean, yes he is a very handsome boy, but would they take it that far? Harry doesn't seem fazed so I try to act like it's normal, but I find myself shifting around uncomfortably knowing people are looking at me. Harry notices me doing this.

"What's wrong, love?" he asks. I sigh. Stupid no lying promise.

"Why are all these people looking at you?" I ask. Realization seems to hit him.

"Oh geez. We never told you, did we? We're famous. Have you hear of the band One Direction?" he asks. My mouth drops open.

"You're famous? In One Direction? I knew I recognized your faces!" I say, keeping my voice low.

"You aren't going to freak out?" he asks, looking relieved.

"No, I don't fangirl." I state.

"Oh, good. Most girls we meet just scream in our faces." he says.

"I can see how that would get annoying..." I state. He smiles. We order and eat, making light chatter. He takes the bill, even after I protest. We walk out casually but that changes instantly.

"OH MY GAWSH!! THAT'S HARRY STYLES!!!!" a teenage girl screams out. We run to Harry's car and drive off, but are followed by the girls. After a while, we pull over and rush out looking for a place to hide. We go into an alley and hide in the shadows. We suppress laughs as the girls look for us. I glance up at him and he is smiling at me. I then notice that, in the rush, he had grabbed my hand to make sure we didn't lose each other. He pulls me in a little closer and this weird thing happens to my stomach. We are right next to each other, staring into the other's eyes. He leans in and I do as well. We are literally centimeters apart and I could kiss him if I wanted to.

It hits me like a pound of bricks.

I do want to kiss him. So, what's stopping me?

I don't dwell on that. I answer with the first word that pops in my head.

Nothing. I tilt in closer to him and feel his lips crash into mine.

I loved this feeling. It felt like I wasn't worthless, that I actually meant something to somebody. With those thoughts running through my mind, I did the one thing I never thought I'd ever do again.

I smiled.