Chapter 21- The Magical Place of Pinterest

Start from the beginning

"At least twenty people went to Erica's baby shower. So you can bet your bottom dollar that just as many people if not more would be there too." Emma continues to say as a matter of fact.

"I don't even think anybody but you, my family and JC knows I'm pregnant so what's your grand plan, huh? Send out invitations and people reading it going 'who's pranking me? What kind of joke is this?' You know what that would do to my mom and her... reputation?"

"Paisley I'm sure your mom would care less about that." Alice assures me.

"It's not that I care that the whole town finds out, I could honestly care less about that anymore. I just don't want to get the looks and the whispers behind my back." I say randomly. I take a deep breath, inhaling the refresh salt water air. "I'm just glad I'm here." I whisper.

"Me too." Emma agrees, laying back on the floor. She tucks her arms behind her head and smiles up at the sun, "But just know that regardless you're getting a baby shower and you'll know nothing about it. All arguments against it are invalid."

Just then the doorbell rang and all discussion or arguments about the shower were put to hold. Alice got up first, a puzzled look on her face as she glances at the two of us, "Who could that be?"

"I'm back bitches! Whoa!" The familiar male scream echoed the house loud enough that we could hear him from the back.

I nearly rolled onto the floor trying to run to him. Emma was the same, not being able to get to her feet quick enough, "Miles!" We all screamed, some happier than others.

"Hello ladies! Miss me? I know I did!" He chuckles, holding out his arms for a group hug.

"Oh my gosh, this is unexpected!" I say, over joyed that I was hugging him right now. The life of the party literally just walked through that door.

"I'll say. Who invited you?" Alice smirks behind us, joining the little reunion.

"Me." He chuckles, "I thought it'd be a nice surprise." Well he thought right!

===

I knew Emma and Alice wanted a little bit of privacy to talk about the baby shower, so I let there "secret" conversation continue as Miles and I went up to my room so we could watch a movie on Netflix on my laptop. Before doing that though I used my bathroom to take a nice refreshing shower, because God knows I'll probably fall asleep thirty or so minutes into it.

When I got out of the shower and changed into some cotton shorts and a tee shirt, pulling my hair into a point tail. I stared at the mirror near the closet that went from the floor to about another foot taller than me. I stared at reflection a little bit, examining my face and such when I noticed Miles laying on my bed and scrolling through his phone mindlessly.

"Want to see something?" I ask Miles, getting out of the turning around and glancing to him laying on my bed.

"Oo, what is it?" He asks curiously, looking up from his phone.

I stood in front of the tall mirror near the closet and lift my tee shirt up, revealing my baby bump for the first time to someone other than my doctor. It wasn't large, and it wouldn't be large for quite a while. For now, it hid under baggy clothing and pattern tops so no one could see. It looked like a small bump, not much, but a bump that if someone saw they could tell well enough.

I ran my fingers across my skin, looking at myself in the mirror. I raised my head, looking at Miles as he sat Indian style on the bed, silent, looking at me calmly. "You look rather calm." I mention, putting my shirt down. "Did you already know?" I accuse, slight worried when I tried to figure out who could have told him or how he would have known.