Ch. 4: Curious Crush

Start from the beginning

The two looked toward Winston's direction and saw Nurse Grovers slow down her pace as she began to get closer to Victoria's door.

"Why on earth would she bother Ray when he's here visiting someone?" Egon asked aloud to himself.

"Now that's just impolite," Peter said, shaking his head slowly.

"I say we stop her in her tracks," Winston suggested.

"Agreed," Egon answered, getting to his feet.

The three rushed toward Grovers and stopped her five feet from the door by blocking her path.

"Your name's Grover's, right?" Peter asked, his arm around her shoulders.

"Yes. Is there a problem?"

"No, no, no. Not at all. We just thought we'd allow Miss Trisity to spend some more time with her hero."

The three Ghostbusters turned her away from the entrance and started walking her away from it.

As they started walking, Egon snuck a peek at the medium-size window of Victoria's room. He saw Ray holding Victoria's hand and the two laughing it up at whatever they were talking about. Then he saw Ray lean over and kiss her on the cheek.

As he tapped Peter on the back and nudged Winston, indicating toward the window, he noticed Grovers did not glance through the window herself to see what Ray was up to. Egon was even confused on why the nurse wanted to see Ray in a patient's room in the first place.

When Peter saw Ray close to Victoria, he thought, Way to go, Ray! Told you you were going to get the girl!

"If you wouldn't mind my asking," Winston began...

"No, go right ahead," Nurse Grovers said, looking back at him as they all continued to walk.

"What is a downstairs nurse doing up here?"

"I'm on my break, and though I know Raymond is mainly here to see Miss Trisity, I thought I'd try again on asking him to lunch."

"Oh yeah!" Peter said, pretending to forget what Ray told them, wanting to stay in character for the hope that she did not know what any of them were up to, keeping a secret from her. "I almost forgot about Ray telling us that!" He looked back and forth between Zeddemore and Spengler, "Did you guys even kindly remember what Ray said?"

"No, I guess I haven't," Winston answered, knowing where Venkman was going with this. "We've been so busy. It slipped my mind."

Egon, going a different direction so they could keep the lie as natural as possible, responded, "I remembered, I just didn't say anything because I didn't know you two forgot."

"That's alright, Egon. We forgive you," Pete said, giving him a small, fake smile.

They were already back in the waiting room, none of them sitting in a chair.

"Another thing that just came to me after being reminded is," Venkman started, "Didn't Ray say he'd have to take a rain check?"

"Yeah, he did," she answered. "I just wanted to see if he changed his mind or even found an opening in his schedule."

Oh, he changed his mind, alright, Peter thought to himself.

Knowing that it was really up to Ray to tell this nurse the truth, Peter only said, "I'm sorry, but we really are booked. I don't know if Ray would have time to go on any date."

"Oh." Then out of curiosity, Melinda asked him, "How's it working out between you and that lady you saved last year?"

"Slow. We hardly see each other," Peter answered truthfully. Peter rarely saw Dana since they both were busy with their work. However, he did see her when he could.