☆ Thirteen ☆

By the time it was eight at night, the boys faces were covered in mini stars. Eddie was adorable, every time he drew one he would giggle. The giggle that pulled on Richie's heart strings until they almost snapped.

"I hope that wasn't permanent marker." Richie laughed. "You think you'd have it bad, I have school!" Eddie replied almost dying. They didn't even know why it was so funny. It just was. "Speaking of school, you should probably get ready to sleep." Eddie snuggled up to Richie. "Eh I'll do it later, couldn't care less," Richie's heart lit up once more, like the stars on Eddie's face drawn with the metallic ink, yet something concerned him.

"Eds, you'll be tired... you should get ready." Richie sat up slightly and adjusted his glasses. Eddie stared at him, smiled and nodded. "Okay, I'll be back in a sec," he giggled. The raven-haired boy sat in the room alone, it smelt of sweets and flowers, in contrast to Richie's, which smelt of books and nicotine. The scented air filled his nose and lungs as he took the duvet in his hand. Soft material, it was not rough at all... No wonder Eddie slept so well.

He walked back into the room, a yellow pyjama top with a sunflower on the left sleeve with some light blue pants. His teeth sparkled as he smiled. Richie couldn't help but stare at the beauty that stood in front of him, with his hair swept to the side and his chocolate brown eyes. Eddie walked over to the window and shut the curtains before switching on his lamp.

"My mom still hasn't returned..." Eddie whispered. "I know... but I'll look after you, I'm a good cook too." Richie tried to lighten the mood whilst pretending to flip a pancake. "Thank you Richie..." he smiled softly and sat on the bed. "For today... for protecting me against Henry and his gang..." His eyes looked away from Richie before gazing back at him.

"D-do you think it's true?" Eddie asked scared. "What's true?" Richie knew. Of course he knew. It was hard to play dumb to such a simple question. "A-about us..." Eddie quietened down
"I- You mean about the boyfriends thing?" Richie tried to be stupid. "Y-yeah... I don't know it just felt right... being there, it was like he knew something we didn't." Richie did. He knew.

"What do you mean by, felt right?" Richie was getting excited but tried to contain his emotions. "It just felt like everything was okay, that that was how it was meant to be..." Eddie looked at him shyly. "So, you liked it?" Richie smirked. It wouldn't help the situation, he knew that, but he wanted to tease the boy a bit too. "Y-yeah... Richie what are you smirking at?" Eddie panicked. Richie pulled the boy close and wrapped his arms around him. "So, you like this?" He chuckled. "Stop teasing Richie!" Eddie laughed. Richie buried his nose into Eddie's hair, it smelt like strawberries and sugar. "What shampoo do you use?" He giggled. They lay down, Eddie cuddles beside Richie. "It's a secret." He pressed a finger to his lips and smiled. Richie smiled back. "Good night Eds," he whispered and closed his eyes, pulling the boy to his chest.

The room was silent apart from the small breaths Eddie took when sleeping. He was away in blissful slumber so Richie leant down to his ear and whispered the sweetest right letters he would ever say...

"I love you,"