☆ Twelve ☆

"Where are we going?" Eddie questioned whilst Richie's hands still covered his eyes. "Just a little further and you'll see." He replied. Richie was going to take Eddie to the ice cream parlour that they hadn't been to since summer. Eddie had loved that place, he would eat a white chocolate ice cream with little white chocolate polar bears. He had offered some to Richie once, he would admit that it was delicious.

The small bell rang as the door opened and Eddie gasped in delight. Richie removed his hands from the boys face. "I know I wasn't sure about skipping school today, but this is too good!" He beamed happily. They walked to the counter ready to order.

"I'll have a lemon zest with meringue stars," That was Richie's favourite, he was surprised and a bit disgusted by the sound of it at first but he tried it and was instantly in love. He handed over the money and turned to Eddie who was already eating. Richie blushed slightly. No wonder he was in love with that boy.

The table they sat at was near a window. You couldn't really see out of it but it was there. "Thank you Rich, I owe you one." He chuckled. "Don't mention it, as long as you're happy." Richie smiled.

"Well, if it isn't the gay boys." Two people walked in. Tall and dirty, one with a mullet and one with shorter hair. "Henry..." Richie cursed under his breath. Eddie shook a bit in his chair, afraid. Things had happened at school after the summer months... Henry had never forgotten. "Thought I'd find you fags here, always hanging out with your boyfriend aren't ya Tozier. Finally decided my cousin didn't fancy a fairy like you!" He spat at the boys. "Leave us alone Henry. You know I never liked Connor." Connor's face changed into an angry one. "You little shit." He muttered to the side, stopping himself from launching at the boy.

"Let's go Eds, these assholes aren't worth our time." Richie stood up and looked at his friend. "Y-yeah l-l-lets g-go." Eddie stammered. As they were walking, Henry shouted across the parlour, "Oi, Kaspbrak! Just you wait, I'll get you and your faggot boyfriend while I'm at it!"
Eddie sped up his pace, still holding the ice cream in his hand.

Tears rolled down his face as he made his way back to the house, the car was gone... his mother probably tried to drive it, even if she wasn't completely sober... "I'm so sorry Eddie, I didn't want it to be like that." Richie apologised. By that time, he had finished his ice cream and put the tub in the bin. "It's okay... it wasn't your fault." He cried quietly. Richie held his hand and opened the door. Eddie walked through and sat on the broken and ripped couch. "This happens at school, I'm just getting used to it..." He leans into Richie's shoulder and wraps his arms around him. "You're okay now..." Richie reached down to the floor. "I didn't know you were into the whole astronomy business," he chuckled. "Yeah... I got that book years ago, when I was around ten... I read it a lot still." He smiled softly at the books cover.

Richie opened it. Each page covered in stars and planets with fact boxes at the sides. "Our sun is a dwarf star..." Richie's eyes widened in awe and astonishment. "But it's so big!" He laughed. "To us maybe, but there are so many stars even larger than that!" Eddie giggles held his arms far apart to prove his point. "The biggest stars are the shortest lived..."

They carried on for hours, the door never clicked back open and the two didn't care that Sonia didn't show up, in fact, Eddie was relieved. "Well, this was interesting. You're interesting Eds," his eyes reflected the light from the lamp at the side of the bed. "You think? I don't know, everyone else thinks I'm boring..." he sighed sadly. It was true, nobody payed attention to him like that. "You're probably the most interesting person I know,"

"Hey, did you know Stan and Bill started dating?" Eddie chuckled. "Wait really?!" Shock. That's all that ran through Richie. Then again, they always seemed the closest... besides him and Eddie of course. "Yeah, and Ben and Bev." A lot had changed. "They all kept asking me when I was gonna get a girlfriend, I just laughed... I don't want one." He settled his eyes on the pages of the book, expecting Richie to do the same... But he doesn't, he can't... All attention is on Eddie, his freckles. "Eds..." he smirked slightly. "What's that look Richie?" He laughed awkwardly. "Do you have a pen?" Eddie pulled out a small yellow pen from this pot on his dresser. "Here," Richie took the pen and held Eddie's cheek in his other spare hand. He connected some of the freckles to look like the Virgo sign. "There, now it's your star sign," he chucked. Eddie smiles and wrapped his arms around Richie, "Your a dork." He giggled.  "I know..."