Prologue

I sit. Watching the static tv sceen. Phone in my hand. Ironic, I have no one to call. The doors are sealed off. Wooden planks, hammered to the wall, baricading the door. Screaming. Every Christmas, faint screaming from out the houI watch. Watching, watching, watching, watching. I see them, humans, running to and fro, screaming. It stops. Out of the blue, it is silent. Then there is a muffled thumping noise. All I can do is watch. He runs. The man. All he does. I see him run up, down the street. I watch. I can only watch. He's running from something. Like destiny. Avoiding it. Oh Doctor... You know you can't.

Funny, he runs runs and runs but I see him walk. Where? Once he gets to my house. My body shivers. His head turns. My head aches. The Doctors head shakes, and hes off running again. I think to my self, Go out there, tell him. "No" I say out loud. He has to be kept safe. My two hearts pound in the beat of four. The timelord heart beat. 1, 2, 3, 4. 1, 2, 3, 4. Louder and louder. I want to go out, to tell him. What will happen. I can't, I just can't. I slowly walk down the hallway, floor creaking. My hand arises, my fingers snap, as the door of my T.A.R.D.I.S. swing open making an old squeaky sound. I walk in and sit down on the old raggedy leather seat.

Something catches my eye. Under my jacket, I see a little corner of what looks like a picture frame. I carefully take out the frame with a picture. On the frame it says "My Brother". A tear rolls down my cheek, falling onto the glass of the frame. His arms wrapped around me, a childhood photo. Me and the Doctor. I am The Doctors sister. My name, The Author