Nightdreamers

"FINALLY KEIRA!" Leah almost accidently shouted as Keira unlocked the door to their room. Leah pushed her way into the room first and dropped her bag near the door before flopping down on to her bed.

Keira sighed at her roommate and made her way over to her own bed and carefully placed her bag down before getting into her own bed. She glanced over at Leah and couldn't help but laugh at how fast she had fallen asleep, still in the clothes that she had worn that day.

Keira then drifted off herself after their long day and slipped into a dream...

~~~
Keira's Dream
"Come on Luce!" Keira called over her shoulder running towards the training pitch, hoping to get some extra 1 on 1 training in before heading back to their room.
"I'm coming, I'm coming." Lucy replied already a little tired.
They began to set cones out so they could test their agility on the ball. They weaved in and out of the cones a number of times however now the pair grew tired and clumsy.

"Once more then I'm going to get a drink" Lucy half laughed half panted.
"Fine." Keira replied abruptly stopping where she was and turning to look at Lucy. Lucy, however, did not notice this until she was just a foot or two away and when she did she felt herself trip over her own feet, launching herself at Keira. She had accidently knocked the younger girl to the floor landing on top of her, just inches from her face, her hands on either side of Keira's head was the only thing that kept them apart.

Something flashed across Keira as she turned over in her sleep.

The pair of them were now walking back to their room arm in arm happily. They got in their separate beds ready to rest from their long day...
"Aren't you gunna come and join me?" Lucy smirked. "I'm cold"
~~~

Keira got up and carefully got into the bed across the room putting an arm around the girl next to her's waist.

~~~
Leah's dream
"Here Leah." Jordan said handing Leah her coffee and taking a seat beside her.
"Thanks Jord."
"So uh... I think we should tell them, the other girls, about us... you know make it official"
"Jord I know... it's just a big step for us you know a lot of people already suspect us and we haven't exactly had the best start." Leah's eyes started to well up at this as Jordan moved closer to her.
"Hey... hey I know it's okay Leah, we're going to be okay" Jordan put her arm around Leah reassuring her, staring into her eyes as their faces inched closer together...
~~~

"Jordan shut up you're gunna wake Keira and Leah up!" Lucy angrily whispered. "How the hell are we gunna get in?"
Jordan grinned at Lucy, pulling a key out of her back pocket.
"How-" Lucy laughed in disbelief.
"Okay I'll open the door, you get the light switch and we both run in to wake them up. Then get back to our room before they bite our heads off." Jordan laughed.

She put the key in the door to Keira and Leah's room as quietly as she could, but at this time of night it sounded so loud no matter how hard she tried.

The girls inside the room stirred at the noise. Leah leaned in to finish the kiss with the girl who had her arm around her waist.

Jordan and Lucy burst through their door turning the lights on, running to their beds as planned. However they abruptly stopped shocked at the sight before them.
"WHAT THE FUCK LEAH?!" Jordan screamed as Keira and Leah jumped apart stunned, not really knowing what was going on.
"Jordan...?" Leah mumbled rubbing her eyes. "But you were just... wha-?" She glanced to her side to see Keira now standing next to the bed, cheeks as red as strawberries staring at the floor.

"Keira..." Lucy took a step closer to the girl, she spoke softly, her voice full of confusion and hurt. "I thought-"
Keira lifted her gaze to meet Lucy's eyes for a second before staring at her feet.
"THIS IS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!" Leah blurted out before anyone else could say anything. "I thought that was-" she glanced at Jordan. "I didn't know that was Keira... I... I was dreaming."
"I didn't know that was Leah next to me either." Keira spoke quietly, clearly embarrassed and upset, but somehow finding the courage to look into Lucy's eyes. "I thought you-"
Lucy suddenly felt a wave of emotion come over her as she turned her back to Keira storming out of the room.
"Lucy... LUCY. Come back." Keira called after her but Lucy could not hear her over the top of the racket her mind was making as a million thoughts came and flashed by within seconds as she went back to her room, locking herself in the bathroom sitting against the door with her head in her hands.
Jordan shook her head at the two of them before going to check that her best friend was okay.
"Jordan... please." Leah begged, but Jordan had already turned and left. The door to their room had been left open in Lucy's rush, Jordan walked towards the bathroom door and knocked softly "Are you okay in there Luce?"
"Jordan you know how I feel about her..." Lucy sobbed through the door. "How could they do that?"
Jordan bit her tongue not wanting to give away her true feelings at what she had just witnessed "I know Luce."

Keira also ran into the bathroom, trying to hide the tears that streaked down her face.
"Keira please... I'm sorry."
The door slammed shut behind Keira, leaving Leah sitting on her bed alone going over what had just happened in her head. Just 5 minutes ago she had felt so warm and safe with who she had thought to be Jordan laying next to her. This is why Jordan could never know how she really felt - it always seemed to end badly for them.