𝘗𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴

kaloni made her way to her room after making her sandwich.

she had become really irritable in the past two days. she decided she didn't want to make an even worse impression than she already had.

she relaxed in her room listening to music and doing some work until FRIDAY interrupted her.

"miss laney, mister barnes is outside the door along with others."

"so i have to open it. don't i?" she unwillingly said.

"i suggest it, yes."

"open it FRIDAY," she moaned.

bucky came in first and then soon filed everyone else.

"you said 'along with others' not everyone FRIDAY," she scolded.

"we wanted to see your room finished. you never gave a tour," bucky offered an explanation.

"bullshit but i'll go with it," she laughed.

"you've been distant to us these last couple days," he pleaded.

she ignored the comment and got up. "hurt my cats you die. be mindful."

"they're so long and weird looking. what the hell?" quill said.

"they kind of look like ET," the man with the goatee said.

"leave my animals alone," she huffed.

"who are the kids?" a blonde woman pointed to the picture she had on her nightstand next to her bed.

"friends," she didn't specify.

"what are their names?" a girl an accent around her age asked.

"scarlett and edwin," kaloni hummed.

the woman went to pick it up and kaloni stopped this immediately.

"put it down," she began to get angry.

"what do they do?" a man with an accent close to the other girl asked.

"one is dead," she paused. "the other is in a band."

"oh," it went silent.

"yep."

"who are in the other pictures?" rocket asks.

"on my dresser, i have the one of edwin, scar, and i. the other on there is edwin's family. we're really close. his mom is my mom. his dad is my dad. his siblings are mine. on my other nightstand is edwin's band and i, they're like my brothers." she hummed. "on my desk is a picture of my other friend's band. they're great. also on my desk, i have a picture of my goddaughter and i," she stated.

"what happened to your parents?" mantis asked.

"dead. a long time ago."

this question never phased her. it was a question always asked to the point she'd gotten used to it. most were mortified about how nonchalantly she could say it. she never knew them. she had no pictures of them with her. she had no memory of them. they were strangers.

"you're young to have a goddaughter," the goatee dude said changing the subject.

"jack, her father, was 19 when she was born and gabbie, her mother, was 17. somehow, i met their standards and got fourth in line just in case something happened. if that's what you were looking for goatee man," she laughed.

"stephan strange."

"cool."

"why do you have equipment?" a woman with an accent like the ones before asked.

"i make videos for the internet. like youtube," she answered.

"shuri would know what she's talking about," the man said.

"you are on youtube?!" the girl kaloni had presumed around her age said.

"i do!"

"you do ballet?" nebula asked hesitant of the word she used looking at the shoes hanging.

"yeah. almost 11 years," kaloni replied.

"that's cool," the blonde woman said.

"yeah. never caught your names, for the most part," looking at strange.

"t'challa," he extended his arm out and she shook it.

"sorry, i didn't recognize you. its been an interesting couple of months," she laughed. "and that means you're shuri. peter, loki, and bucky have said great things," she smiled.

"i hope," she said politely.

"okoye."

"cool name," she said.

"carol danvers," the blonde woman said.

"the other captain, right?" she asked.

carol laughed, "yes."

"your old pal speaks highly of you," kaloni assures.

"i have to figure out how to visit him, don't i?" she asked.

"that's what told me to tell you in those exact words when i met you," she laughed.

"lovely."

"i can't believe she's being a lot nicer to them," quill scoffed.

"you're a dumbass that's why she was mean," bucky said offhandedly.

"whatever."

"i just don't like you. you're a dumbass. i don't mind your friends," she shrugged.

"screw you and your ugly cats-"

"YOU WANNA GO-"

lexi speaks;
its 6:35 am. i havent slept. goodnight.