"Well, I guess I'd better not keep her waiting. What's her power anyway?"

"Shapeshifting. She sees anyone once and she can turn into 'em."

"Really? That's it? How come Dicksilver and Scarlet Bitch seem so scared of her?"

"Because if you're on her bad side your on Magneto's bad side. And if you're on Magneto's bad side, he won't hesitate to drown you in molten iron."

"Well, that sounds pleasant." I said sarcastically. We walked to a room which was only lit by a small fireplace and a lightning storm outside, which Mystique was looking at. It was only then I felt that this place must've been a huge castle right next to Castle Von Doom... oh shit I still have a history project to do! Brant better not screw me over! By her were two red velvet chairs and in between them was a table with two wine glasses on them.

"Leave us, Alvers." Mystique demanded. Lance sucked his teeth before walking out of the room. "So (Y,N), how are you getting along with the rest of The Brotherhood?" She turned her head to face me, the rest of her body still faced the storm.

"They're fine. My biggest problem is with Wanda. She's holding a grudge and is being a total bitch about it."

"You threw her off of a bridge."

"She did it first!"

"I didn't call you in here to discuss the semantics of which one of you has a right to bitch about the other one more." She said as she walked over and sat in one of the chairs. "Looking for an invitation?"

"Didn't wanna offend you by assuming I had permission or something. Word is you're a scary chick when you wanna be." I said as I walked to my own chair and jumped into it.

"Yeah, something like that." She said tracing her finger on her own wine glass. She then handed me a glass.

"Not much of a wine guy." I said before taking a sip anyways.

"I'm sure you've become well acquainted with the X-Men at this point."

"Yeah, what about them?"

"Well I'm sure Charles and his sheep have spent a lot of time trying to recruit you onto their team with their lies. Am I right?"

"Yeah, a couple of them even started going to my school. Why?"

"Really? Wow, they must be getting real desperate up there."

"Didn't you have Pietro and Wanda do the same thing?"

"Not yet. That was supposed to just be a quick grab."

"Security just let them in like that?"

"Yeah, I'm sure some lowly high school security guards had a chance against two of the most powerful mutants in the world." Mystique said with a laugh. "But as I was saying, the X-Men are the only ones that can step in between us and our plans to do away with the oppression of the human race. And you just happen to be the key in defeating the X-Men. Due to your powers you can help us defeat even the most dangerous of the X-Men such as Storm, a mutant who can control the weather and Wolverine, a violent mutant with the ability to heal at rapid rates. I think if you tell them you have thought it over and have decided to join their group, they'll accept you with open arms. Once you're in you should be able to get close to the X-Men, learn their secrets, and when they least expect it, isolate one of them and notify us before disabling their powers so we can pick them off one by one. You can also utilize their facilities to learn the full extent of your powers."

"So I've gotta pretend to like people? How long is this gonna take before we get to the picking them off part?"

"Hopefully we can eliminate one of them within the next couple of weeks, and the next ones less time than the others as you'll have earned their trust in a quicker fashion. However you must watch out for Professor Charles Xavier. He is the leader of the X-Men and may see our plan coming. He has the ability to read people's minds so you must not let him find out your true intentions."

"What am I supposed to just forget about the plan every time I see him?"

"Until you learn how to cancel out his telepathy abilities. However forgetting the plan may be easier than you expect. To help you on your task I am sending the Maximoffs back to New York with you to keep an eye on you as well as one more ally to aid you in your mission."

"Great. Just what I needed. More time with those two..." I muttered. "Wait, where are they gonna stay? Because they can't stay in my apartment!"

"Don't worry I will make accommodations for them. Now prepare yourself as you'll be leaving for New York tonight."

"Okay, okay... one more question though:

Where are we and how do I get to New York?"