Chapter 2: He had to see her

This chapter continues on from chapter 1, please leave storyline suggestions if you wish. I'd love to try and write some. Warning: This chapter features self-harm references, although I made it less descriptive as I didn't want it to be too graphic. enjoy the Chapter :)

15th January, 8:00pm

Hopper arrived to pick up El shortly after they finished the film although Mike tried to convince him to stay for dinner. Mike just hated seeing her leave.

As they made their way to greet Hopper, El pressed a passionate kiss to Mike's lips, leaving him speechless and unable to speak before she left.

Mike watched them drive away and then reluctantly made his way to his room where he knew he would have to try and sleep. He hadn't eaten anything since last night and he was beginning to feel sick, which didn't help anything.

"Mike?" Nancy called as he reached the top of the stairs.

Mike turned to see her stood in the doorway of her room looking concerned.

"What's up Nance?" He asked.

"You don't look good" she said flatly.

"Gee thanks Nance" Mike chuckled.

"I'm being serious Mike" she said sternly.

"I'm fine Nance" Mike returned as he walked into his room and shut the door. Nancy's whole expression dropped, she felt like she had failed her brother. She wanted to knock on the door but decided against it, giving him some space.

He dragged himself to his bed and sat down. He didn't even realise he fell asleep until he woke up at 2:00am from a nightmare.

Mike? Mike where are you?

"I'm right here El"

Mike? He found me.

"Who did?"

Papa.

The lights went out and the room was filled with a piercing scream.

"ELEVEN?"

"EL?"

Mike began to sob. "Don't leave me again..."

He woke with a jolt, his face wet from crying in his sleep, he was sweating. In one swift move he pulled the covers off him and hauled himself out of bed. He made his way to the bathroom, trying to remain as quiet as possible. He cleaned himself up, but found that he was staring at his reflection for what seemed like hours. He had huge dark circles around his eyes, his face was grey and his hair was a mess.

He began to feel angry, at himself, why is he like this? Why is he so broken? He wanted to punch the mirror but stopped himself and grabbed for the second best thing. His razor. He hid it in the bathroom cupboard underneath things nobody uses, so it wouldn't be found.

He did the only thing he could do to relieve the pain, to replace the pain with psychical pain. Once he was done he cleaned his arm, bandaged it up and headed back to his room.

"Mike?" A worried voice called him from outside his parents room. It was his mom.

"Mom? Why are you awake?" He asked quietly.

"I heard gasping and I heard the door close, are you okay?" She sounded worried. He was not going to tell his mom, anyone but his mom.

"Oh yeah no I'm fine, I just stubbed my toe. Sorry for waking you". It was such an obvious lie but she seemed to buy it.

"Okay, goodnight sweetheart". Karen smiled and made her way back to her and Ted's room.

Mike who didn't realise he was holding his breath the whole time let out a big sigh and trudged back to his room. I need to see her, he thought. I have to know she is okay. And with that he grabbed his shoes and coat and headed downstairs to the basement. It was hard to see but he didn't care, he had to see her. He found his way to the back door, unlocked it and left.

He had to see her.

Chapter 3 will continue from Mike going to El. I hope you enjoyed :)