Chapter 27 The Revelation

Comenzar desde el principio

"No, it's not like that. Cece knows I love you, and what happened between us was just a one night stand. That's it."

"And you want me to feel better about that? That I should be grateful and I don't have anything to worry about, because it was just a one night stand?"

"It's not what I meant babe."

"Then what do you mean?" Shay was rendered silent. She screwed up big time. Sasha was right, she had every opportunity, every chance, but she did nothing.

"Tell me, at the wedding, you knew it was her?"

"Yes. She approached me and told me she knows we got back together. She wants us to forget about what happened and try to be friends." Sasha laughed at that statement.

"Be friends? And what fuck each other behind my back?" Sasha spits those words as if they were poison.

"No. No. Of course not babe. I would never do that to you. I was drunk when it happened okay? I couldn't even remember everything. I just remembered the morning I woke up."

"And that makes it better? You were drunk? I would just forgive you, cause you were drunk?"

"Please, can we not talk like this? Lower your voice babe. The girls can hear us."

"Oh wow! You want me to lower my voice? Why? You're ashamed of what you did?"

"Please babe, you don't have to shout."

"You don't want them to hear us? Or you don't want them to know what you did? Well, too late for that."

"Can't you forgive me?"

"You expect me to forgive you, just like that?"

"No. I know what I did was wrong. I made a huge mistake. I know it's not easy to forgive me. I just want another chance. Please let me make it right," Shay pleaded.

"I can't. I can't. You hurt me when you thought I cheated on you, but what did you do? You slept with someone else in the process. What do you want me to do Shay? How do you want me to feel about this?"

"All I'm asking is a chance. I love you, babe. Let me make it better. I'll do anything you want me to do. I can't lose you."

Sasha doesn't know what to do. She felt so betrayed by the woman she loves. In her heart, she knows she wants to forgive Shay. Her mind though is telling her no. What is the right thing to do? What can she do? She really doesn't know, but right now there's only one thing in her mind and that is, she has to get away from Shay.

"You just did. I think we need to end this. I need time away from you."

With that, Sasha took her bag and stormed out of their room and out of the apartment. Shay was running after her, shouting her name. Pleading for her to stay.

"Sasha! Sasha, babe. Please? Don't leave. Sasha!" Sasha stopped and turned around just as Shay was facing her.

"Please, let me go. We both need this," Sasha said as tears fall from her eyes.

Shay stood there, she saw the pain in her girlfriend's eyes, pain that she caused. She did not move. She did not try to stop her with her words anymore. She reached for her blonde for the last time and hugged her.

"I'll wait for you, no matter how long it takes," Shay whispered, and with that she let Sasha go.

With tears still streaming from her eyes, Sasha ran towards the elevator. What is she going to do? She has nowhere to go. She feels so alone. She does not want any of the girls getting involved in this, she does not want them to take sides. Crying and desperate she then remembered Janel. She immediately got her phone from the inside of her bag and looked for Janel's number. When she finally found it, she took a deep breath and decided to call her friend. After three rings Janel finally answered.

"Hello, who's this?" Janel asked. Sasha tried her best to come up with a sentence amidst her tears.

"Janel? It's Sasha."

"Sash? Are you okay babe? You sound like you're crying," Janel said, clearly concern about the blonde.

Sasha can't control herself anymore, she let the tears flow. She was trying so hard to make sense of what's going on, to understand why this had happened to her and her newly-repaired relationship with Shay. All she wanted was to be happy, and Shay made her feel that, at least for a while. Before she suffers a total meltdown, she summoned all her courage to ask Janel for help.

"I need a place to stay. Can you help me?" Sasha said in between sobs.

"Why, what happened? You can stay with me. Are you still in the building?"

"Yes, I'm about to hit the ground floor."

"I'll meet you there."

"Thank you."

"Anything for you babe."

With that, Sasha ended the call and waited for the elevator to reach the ground floor. She feels like her world is crumbling down. It took her years to recover from her past and now, this? She just can't fathom the idea that Shay hid something from her, something as big as this. She would have understood, she would have forgiven her, not immediately, but she would have. If only she had been honest right away.

As the elevator door opens she saw Janel standing outside and waiting for her.

"I was in the parking lot when you called. You look like a mess, babe. What happened?" Janel asked.

"It's a long story. Can we not talk about it right now?"

"No problem, babe. I totally understand. My unit is on the top floor. Let's head there. You look like you need to get some sleep or something."

"Thank you."

The two girls got back in the elevator and were silent the whole ride up. Janel does not want to pry, but it's breaking her heart seeing her friend like this. As they have reached the top floor, Janel helped Sasha with her things and together they walked silently along the hallway until they reached her apartment unit. She got her keys and ushered Sasha in.

"So here we are. It's not much, but it's home. Make yourself comfortable," Janel said.

Sasha made her way slowly to the couch and sat there silently. Tears are forming in her eyes again. Janel noticed that and immediately sat beside her friend.

"Hey. It's okay. Just let it out. I'm here when you're ready, I'll listen." 

Sasha couldn't say anything, she just let her tears fall and just let the silence engulf her.