𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 10

Start from the beginning

  "Leave it. Bring my tea to the royal tailor, I have too much work to do since the incident." The emperor responds. After hearing footsteps disappear, he drops his quill and rubs his eyes violently. "Just a little bit more." He reassures himself, as he could feel fatigue feel his veins. He had been working for 36 hours straight since what had happened.

  "Brother, we're going to die!" Cried Oriin, squeezing his eyes shut as the black snake group drew closer. "Never have I met savages as persistent as they! They've been on our tail for the past two hours. Brother, do something!" Oriin yells, tears beginning to form in his eyes.

  "You little crybaby. It is nothing to worry about. An urgent message has been sent, and the emperor's first knight will be here in no time. We need to hold out though, until he arrives." Octavi responds. However, all things lovely were ended when a member for the black snake group managed to crawl himself onto the back of their horse.

  Oriin screamed hysterically in his elder brother's ear, only making it all the more difficult for Octavi to try and push the man off. Soon enough, other members were jumping onto the successful member's horse in order to come closer.

  Octavi feared that it might be the end, before he saw a shadow fly over him. "Only an hour late." He sneered, looking up to behold the first knight of the emperor, dressed in magnificent grey and blue, with a blindfold to match. The young knight had seemed to have jumped from out of nowhere, and bravely into the pile of members trying to catch ahold of Octavi and Oriin. Soon, the member's horses halted and some even turned around, fearing what the knight could do.

  The emperor's knight gracefully took out his sword and jumped from horse to horse, fighting the members off of their stallions. "Run, you fools! Get back to the palace, quickly!" Yelled the knight at the duo of brothers, before proceeding to fight the members. Punches, blows and darts were thrown, however he allowed none to pierce his perfectly snowy skin.

  The brothers ran off to the nearest village for safety in order to regain their composure and plan out their next move before returning to the palace. While they ran away on their steed, the knight sliced and cut at the members, with great precision even though he had a blindfold around his eyes.

  "There was once a famous man who said, 'Do not slice, yet stab'. This is especially important when the opponent has thick armour. A stab just two inches deep is usually fatal." The knight says while blocking all the attacks from the men who had launched attack on Octavi and Oriin. "Listen here, fools. I am the emperor's first knight for a reason." He states confidently with great pride, before continuing to fight them off.

  Several hours later, Octavi and Oriin arrived to the village on their steed. Octavi had managed to calm down his little brother's nerves. Octavi however was barely even shaken by this incident, due to the emotional training he had gone through and the fact this had happened before to him. It was no surprise that an important asset to the monarch would be under target, so Octavi was always alert. Oriin falls off of the horse and spreads himself out on the ground.

  "Big brother, I think I do not want to work at the palace for definite. If those evil guys follow me around everywhere, I'm bound to go mad. It's difficult enough already having to behave at school." Oriin whines, enjoying the ground after the terrifying incident he had experienced on the horse. "Oh sweet, sweet dirt.." He whispers.

  Octavi rolls his eyes and ties the horse to a tree before kicking his little brother's side. "Listen here, numb-skull. You do not behave at school at all, I've seen your terrible grades."

  "Excuse me, I got a 100!" Oriin yells back in objection, an angry look on his face as he sits up, rubbing his side gently after Octavi had kicked his sibling.