Chapter 2

Slowly waking up from a small nap, Hop sleepily peered towards the plane window to only see darkness from outside. It must already be night he believed, and which meant it was almost time for the plane to land soon. Trying to collect his thoughts, he then felt sudden pressure onto his shoulder and attempted to look over. It turned out that the unnamed lady was leaning onto him, and was fast asleep. Panicking and confused, Hop obviously didn't know how to handle this situation. He tried to grab his phone which was in his pocket without actually waking up the girl, but only resulted in him moving in uncomfortable positions. Then suddenly, she moved a little bit closer to him and caused him to stir to even more panic. Even though she wasn't aware of the situation, Hop felt even more annoyed having to be sat next to her even if she did kind of insult him with the whole Leon look alike situation earlier. He tried to calm himself down and focus on his breathing, which he hoped that no one else was watching what was happening. He suddenly heard the smallest faint groan coming the girl which caused him to look over at her. She wasn't ugly or anything but mostly average though Hop isn't the type to judge anyone on looks and only on personality. Though the thing that makes it more unsettling is the fact that she reminded him of Gloria... yes again. Years ago before they were even Pokemon trainers, they would always play with each other and just hang out. By this time Leon had already given Hop a Wooloo just to make sure Hop would stop following him on his own journey. They would always play with the Wooloo and eventually would say bye to each other and head back home. But this one particular memory for some reason always stuck with him. After a long day of just running around, playing tag and other childish things, they decided to have a sleepover at Hop's house. (Even though they were like next door neighbors) When they got ready to go to sleep, Hop quickly went to the restroom to only come back with the sight of Gloria resting on Wooloo's soft body. She looked so warm and comfortable like she had no care in the world which made him the happiest kid alive. They really were childhood best friends after all. Hop's memories suddenly get interrupted by the release of pressure from his shoulder and the same familiar voice he had heard earlier.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I was so tired and I just...", The lady nervously protested at Hop for sleeping on him. He never really understood why she was always a nervous wreck towards even if he already corrected her for not being his brother. He then tried to consult her that it wasn't her fault and understood that it's already been a pretty long flight. Her expression turned calm but still looked away frantically. Finally Hop had the chance to look at his phone without having any obstacles in his way. Once picking up his phone, he glanced at the time. It's only 1:34 am. Not surprising to him in anyway since he's actually pretty used to staying up really late. He also spotted notifications which turned out to be messages sent from Sonia herself. Oh shoot 3 hours ago?! He thought, and he only had a 3 hour nap from this entire trip despite not getting too much sleep the night before. He quickly opens his phone and reads the messages:

"Ey Hop I know you're still on your flight and all but just checking to make sure you know I'll be waiting for you outside the airport with a little surprise! :) Can't wait to see you again!"

A surprise? What could she ever give to him? He pondered about for a few moments. Maybe it could be a small trip to a restaurant for his success on the research or maybe just something small like a plushie or maybe it could be someone.. He shook this thought away as he didn't want to think too much about it since he needed the break of not worrying too much. Though he couldn't help it as his mind drifted back to many more possibilities such as Sonia bringing another person along with her and calling them a "present". She was always filled with surprises so he wouldn't expect less from her. He looked back at the girl sitting beside him which was still looking away but on her phone this time. Again, her physical appearance seemed too similar to.. Gloria. Ugh again.. Stop thinking about her, he thought to himself then getting flustered. Only about five more hours till the plane lands and it's been a new record of the amount of times he's already thought of her. Placing his phone back into the pocket, he peers out of the window to view the bright moon reflecting onto the dark sea below them. It seems like minutes go by as slowly his eyelids get heavy and eventually loses consciousness.

A few hours go by and Hop gets awakened by the noise of a semi-loud intercom on the plane. It turns out they were thirty minutes away from finally landing and it looked to be early dawn outside. The lady beside him was on her phone as she looked to finally be ready to leave this long flight. So did Hop and he pulled out his phone with no new notifications which he wasn't surprised and pretty much used to it. Later on the flight though the plane finally landed and everyone managed to survive without having any difficulties. Hop traveled through the airport and grabbed his luggage from the baggage carousel, and was happy to be with his belongings once again. He walked over to one of the exits of the building while texting Sonia of his exact location. Once opening the doors of the building he felt a swift cold breeze right onto his face which rid of the jet lag he had felt while walking. Looking around at his familiar home region, he felt more safe and comforted. Although Alola was a wonderful region, it still felt off compared to Galar's cool climate and not having to keep putting sunscreen in fear of getting sunburn. He looked around to see the red head and to his surprise he heard the voice of her screaming his name. He peered around in the direction of her voice and found her. Excited, he sped walked towards while waving his arm confirming he had found her. Though what made him slow down a bit was the person standing next to him. It wasn't Gloria like he had hoped but it was his brother.. Leon.

"Oi Hop! It's so great to see you, we've missed you mate!" Sonia excitedly states as she walks up to hug him. Leon also with the biggest grin on his face walks up to Hop and joins in on the hug.

"Aye long time no see huh Hop?" Leon states.

"So I'm assuming you were the surprised Sonia told me" Hop says as they both look at Sonia. She smiles and nervously tangles her finger with his long hair.

"I thought you would have appreciated it, since you've haven't seen each other in a long time." Hop shakes his head and generously thanks Sonia for bringing his brother along and having a ride. Leon then picks Hop's luggage into the Corviknight taxi as the others get settled in to head off back to Wedgehurst.

"Sorry Hop about having to fly again, though we thought you would want to get back home as possible to rest a bit." She apologized to Hop.

"Eh it's fine I think I can handle it." he says only to realize his jet lag is kicking in again but tries to ignore the feeling at least.

Soon they all land in Wedgehurst and quickly travel back to Postwick, the hometown of Hop where he would finally be able to see all his Pokemon and family. They all gather around him and ask about his long journey which gladly he told his adventures. By the end of the day, Hop was completely exhausted. With having to resort to Galar's timezone, he had to spend all day awake just to settle back into a sleeping schedule. He prepared for bed and eventually tried to fall asleep but there was only one issue. He didn't even get to see Gloria at all.. Where was she exactly? He was so busy with the celebration of his return, he didn't even see Gloria at all today. Has it really been that long to the point they're just forgotten best friends or has she moved on? His thoughts suddenly curled within his mind causing him to slowly lose the ability to sleep. Eventually his mind calmed down and then he lost consciousness.