sweet, sweet baby | pt. 5

PART FIVE

„If you've never eaten while crying you don't know what life tastes like

„If you've never eaten while crying you don't know what life tastes like."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe | from „Wisdom Quotes"

•••

day eight

(1) missed call. 1 voice message. 3:47 a.m.

Hello." His voice greeted quietly, gruffly, as if coated in thick resignation. „It's Monty. Montgomery de la Cruz." Said boy paused. „I was calling because.. - well.." he sighed long and deep, and then seemingly stole himself with a sharp exhale. „Look," he stated. „I know you're ignoring me, but I so fucking don't care," he admitted. „I'm sorry for hurting you. I never wanted you to feel bad in any way. It was childish of me to do that to you. I don't expect you to forgive me.. but - I'm not perfect. I make mistakes. I have issues. Trust issues. And I - I can be moody sometimes. Don't ignore me. I know that and I'm absolutely to blame for that." He sighed once more then, though this time it was longer and deeper; and when he spoke next, his voice adopted a tone Lara had never heard it take before. „I want to text you all the time and see how you're doing, but I know I can't because deep down I know it won't change anything. It sucks because I thought things were going so well, but then one day came and everything changed and now I'm up at 2 am wondering about you.." he told her quietly. „I'd do anything for you," he said. „-but you deserve someone who values you." Then the line grew silent as the dial tone took place of his voice.

[©-ljohnsonbooks]