"I wonder if Jaskier is going to sing his famous songs at the banquet..." Roz says out loud to no one. "It would be amazing to perform together." Faiza looks towards Roz with a sympathetic look on her face. "I know. I know. Still would be an amazing evening, I think. Even if the court had to drink a bit more than usual to withstand it." She laughs at herself. They get closer to their new destination and a light breeze moves across Faiza's skin. Something is trying to get her attention, but she can't make out what. Faiza dismounts Amina first but suggests that Roz stays on her horse. She looks around to figure out what direction she should go. The area is quiet. Everything is still. Even the air.

"Do you hear that?" Faiza asks.

"Hear what?" Roz whips her head from left to right to see if she can see what she can't hear. Faiza looks around and still no movement, but she hears the determined steps of a creature.

"Do you see a rider?" Faiza asks. Roz tightens her eyes.

"I don't see or hear anything." Faiza pulls her sword from the side of Amina and prepares herself as she hears the sounds moving faster towards her. Faiza sees the edge of the town not far from where they wait.

"Roz! Go into the town!"

"But, I—"

"NOW!" Roz hurries off into the town as fast as she can ride. Faiza quickly consumes a potion and prepares herself for whatever is approaching. She takes her stance and faces the sound. She closes her eyes as she listens. "Fifty feet. Thirty. Ten..." She opens her eyes and sees a fierce stallion charging towards her. She doesn't move as she looks into its eyes. It comes to a sliding stop. The tip if its horn almost touching Faiza's throat.

"Anyone else would have fought or...run."

"A Unicorn?" Faiza says under her breath with surprise. It lifts its head and stares at her.

"Why didn't you?"

"I thought you..."

"Were all dead? Of course not. Why have you come, Faiza of Ofir?" Faiza's face goes emotionless.

"I don't know." The words still move through her mind until she realizes, "How did you kno—"

"We know much more than that. We also know that you not only felt the call, but you listened. And that is why you came." Faiza stares into its deep brown eyes, not knowing what to ask of it next. "You have much more to do than what you are currently seeking to fulfill."

"And what am I currently seeking?"

"Geralt of Rivia."

"I've already found him." The Unicorn turns to her. Its eyes grow stern.

"Do not think we do not know what you endeavor." Faiza's face grows angry and she looks towards the ground.

"I will have my way." The Unicorn turns from her.

"Your mother saved you for a cause much bigger than something as small as that." It begins to walk away. Faiza drops her shoulders and follows.

"What do you know of my mother?" It doesn't answer. "Is she still alive?"

"We know that she had a gift. A gift that was passed on to you." Faiza stops walking.

"Had?" She closes her eyes as she feels the mixture of sorrow and rage tormenting her from the inside.

"She did what she felt she should do."

"And what was that?" The Unicorn explains to her what happened to her mother while she was away.