XXV • YOU DECIDED THAT I WAS WORTH SAVING

Start from the beginning

Bridal Shop

"Let's talk silhouettes. Focus on A-lines and sheaths." Caroline retorted as she is examining and comparing two white wedding dresses in front of the three full length mirrors in the local shop as she turns to the female bridal clerk behind her while Bonnie and Rosie are wandering around closely.

"Yeah, I'm open to trumpets, but easy on the volume." Rosie added on.

"Less dress, more bride." The young female bridal clerk surmised.

"Exactly." The twenty-five-year-old blonde vampire replied, smiling.

"Okay." The bridal clerk grabs the two hangered white wedding dresses just as Bonnie takes a seat on a chair nearby, opposite the three tall mirrors.

"Thank you." The future bride smiles in pursuit, truly grateful for the aid.

"You're welcome. I'll be right back." The young female clerk walks away.

Rosie turns to the twenty-four-year-old witch, who's in her seat, "Now, let's get to work finding you the perfect maid of honor dress. Shall we?"

Bonnie smiles as she slowly stands back up, holding both of the lovely future bride's soft hands, "Aw, I'd be honored to be your...maid of honor. And not just because my main competition is in a coma 'til I die."

"Good. Because we're going to do everything within our power to make sure you and Enzo live happily ever after." Caroline declared in determination.

"Yeah, and I've got killer aim...and no qualms about rigging the bouquet toss." Rosie chuckles at the reminder of her favourite flowers, "You ready?"

"Yep." The young witch replied with equal determination.

"Catch!" Someone vamp-speeds in and catches the bouquet in one hand instead and the now-dead bridal clerk in the other, horrifying Rosie, "Damon."

"Damon, what are you-- Run." Caroline mentioned as an ultimatum.

Rosie vamp-speeds herself and Bonnie away, for safety, to hide from Damon somewhere in the bridal shop between piles of white wedding dresses.

Caroline vamp-speeds over to attack him, but Damon, the much older one, easily grabs her by the throat, tightening the hold, "Oh, looks like little brother's getting married, huh? Consider this my RSVP." He throws her to a pile of wedding dresses and begins to search for his target, "Bonnie? You can run, but you can't hide. I can hear your broken little heart beating, Bonnie. Oh, poor Bon Bon. Literally always the bridesmaid. Never the bride."

Rosie and Damon scuffle afterward as she attempts to stab him with a makeshift stake for incapacitation. Caroline recovers and vamp-speeds over to Damon once again, pulling a hanger railing off a rack and impaling Damon's stomach into a cupboard behind him, giving the three girls the chance to escape, out of the bridal shop after Rosie gives him a torn look.

****

Salvatore Boarding House/Forbes Residence (Saltzman Residence)

Rosie is urgently talking to her concerned fiancé on her cell phone as she and her close friends walk into her home through the main front door, "Stefan, if Damon wants her dead, then she's dead, and I can't have that."

"Why is he coming after her? It makes no sense." Stefan is currently pacing back and forth in his close friend's residential living room, frowning.

Minerva, who's been listening to him, sighs tiredly, "Why do you think?"

"It makes perfect sense if it has something to do with Enzo." Rosie spoke.

"None of it makes sense. But we're going to need weapons, lots of them." Caroline sighs and opens the throne near the foyer, "The throne is empty."