A Promise Is A Promise

Start from the beginning

After I put the bottle back in the bathroom. I sat beside Darryl on my bed and smiled at him. "Are you feeling okay, Darryl?" I asked.

Darryl smiled and nodded. "Uh-huh..." he murmured, just staring into my eyes. I was staring back. "Why are your eyes so beautiful?" he muttered, holding my hand tightly.

I blushed and looked away. Hair got in my face and Darryl pulled it behind my ear. I smiled at him. I felt butterflies fluttering in my belly like crazy! Darryl and I made eye contact again. And a few minutes later, I was the one of break the eye contact.

"I needa get back to sleep...I have to visit my father tomorrow" I told Darryl.

"Okay little muffin" Darryl mumbled and kissed my forehead. "Goodnight, I love you so much baby!" He smiled.

I blushed and smiled back. "I love you, too, Darryl" I rolled on my side and fell back asleep.

I woke up to my alarm going off at 10 am. Darryl woke up, too. I felt bad for waking him up, but I had to get up. If I didn't go to my father's, he would hunt me down and probably kill me and everyone I love. He is such a horrible person. But if he killed Darryl, oh he'd better run for the hills, cause I'm comin' after him!

"I don't wanna go to my father's..." I thought out loud, then I covered my mouth. I looked at Darryl, I saw confusion and worry in his eyes.

"What? Why not?" Darryl asked nervously.

I sighed, looking down at my lap. I've gotta tell someone, I have to get it off my chest... "Darryl..." I muttered and scooted closer to him.

"Yes?" Darryl asked.

Clearly, I could tell, he didn't remember last night when I told him why. "My father, abuses me..." I mumbled. "He killed my mother, and my dog"

"What?!" Darryl gasped and narrowed his eyes. He sat up. "You aren't leaving, you are staying here"

"But I have to leave" I muttered sadly.

"No you don't, you're 23, you're the boss of yourself...no one else can tell you what to do" he said. "You can't leave" he begged.

"But if I don't leave he will--" Darryl cut me off.

"He won't do anything to you! He won't even come an inch near you, cause I will protect you, if it means my life is at stake" Darryl said and hugged me. "It's okay, I'll be here forever"

"Thank you" I thanked and he kissed my forehead.

"What else has he done that I might need or want to know?" Darryl asked me.

"Nothing else that I know of" I replied. "But like I was saying, if I don't visit him, he'll probably kill me and everybody I care about"

"Grrrr, he will never do that! While I'm around! While I'm around, he'd better watch his back!" he exclaimed then we made eye contact. "Please can you stay here?" he begged. "I don't want him hurting you anymore you cute little muffin" He smiled.

I smiled back then hugged him. But I sighed. "I have to, Darryl" I said and pulled myself away from the hug. "You don't understand...he's a very dangerous man..." Then I remembered something that he did. "While my mom was pregnant with me, my father threatened to kill his friend, Alex. My mom told me this story when I was 15. She said that he went into the closet and got his gun. He ran outside and pointed it at Alex, Alex was on his own damn property! But my father said he was gonna shoot him, for no reason. My mother blocked his way, but my father began pressing himself against her belly. Again, she was pregnant with me, you know. My father pushed her outside and she almost fell. If it weren't for my brother, Leo...she would've fell head first on the concrete. My father rushed toward Alex but Leo convinced him to stop"

"W-wow..." Darryl muttered in disbelief. "Th-that's insane"

"I know"

"At least you're mother and you are okay" he mumbled.

"What do you mean, me?" I asked.

"Well you said your father pressed against your mother's pregnant belly. Meaning he probably pushed you inside her belly or something" Darryl answered. "Please don't go, y/n. You can't leave, he's gonna abuse you"

"I have to!" I sighed.

"Please..." I heard Darryl's voice cracking and I saw tears falling down his cheeks.

I frowned and hugged him. "It's okay" I mumbled.

"If you leave, then I'm coming with you" Darryl said, wiping my tears.

"Bro, you can't! If my father knows I'm in a relationship with you, he will literally kill you" I told him.

"I have a plan, I promise" Darryl whispered and hugged me.

"Are you sure about this, Darryl?" I asked.

"Yes, I am positive" Darryl dipped his head.

"Okay, I trust you" I whispered and he kissed me.

A/n: YASSS! I hope that y'all liked this chapter! I'm so happy that I decided to continue my stories!

VOT OR DIE TMRW!