Ide and Mogi looked a little taken aback and stared at me weirdly.

“HEY!!! GUESS WHAT?!” Matsuda asked enthusiastically as he ran in.

“What?” I asked.

“Aizawa and Eriko are back together! They’re not gonna get a divorce!” Matsuda grinned with a happy look on his face.

“That’s…fantastic.” I smiled, as I made my way out the room and to Yagami-san’s office.

Meeting again-

It had been 5 years since I had seen Aizawa, I had left Japan and gone to America for a job offer that I had been offered, so now me and my son Shin lived there, but now I had to go back for the Kira case, I had been contacted by L, so now I had to drag Shin along for the ride seeing as I didn’t know how long I would be staying in Japan for.

“So remember Shin, be good and try not to get in the way, Mr. L was very nice to let you come into the office with me.” I said to the small boy.

“I know!” He said in Japanese, I had been trying to teach him as much as I could for if he had to go to school here.

We walked into a hotel and up to one of the top floors, I then knocked on the door and it was answered by none other then Aizawa, which of course proved to be a little awkward.

“Hey Aizawa! Are you going to let him in?” Matsuda called from inside.

Aizawa and I broke eye contact and I pulled Shin inside with me and took my coat off.

“You must be Yuuki-san.” A strange man with shaggy hair said as he stared at me boredly.

“Yeah, it’s nice to meet you in person.” I said as I shook his hand.

“Wait, Yuuki?!” Matsuda exclaimed as he got up and hugged me.

“Er…Matsuda…I think you’re killing her…” Mogi said as he pulled him off me.

How you told him-

It had been a few months since I came to Japan, so Shin had started school, he seemed to like it better then America, so I was happy for him.

“So Yuuki-chan, is Shin’s father back in America?” Matsuda asked.

“Matsuda! That’s none of your business!” Mogi snapped as he whacked him over the head.

“Actually, he’s in Japan Matsuda.” I said, to tell the truth, I expected Matsuda to be nosey enough to ask.

“Oh, can we meet him?” Matsuda asked.

“You already have.” I stated honestly.

“We have?!” Matsuda asked as he started to look thoughtful.

For a few seconds, he stared upwards then finally he seemed to realise.

“Ryuuzaki!?” He exclaimed.

Upon hearing this, Ryuuzaki started to choke on his cake and I accidentally ripped the paper I was holding clean in half.

“Matsuda you BAKA!!!” I shouted angrily as I punched him.

He trembled fearfully as I cracked my knuckles.

“For your information, he’s AIZAWA’S YOU DUMBASS!!!” I shouted as I gripped him by the front of his shirt.

“He is?” Aizawa asked from behind me.

I flinched and felt my face flush in embarrassment, this was going to be a doozy to explain.

How he told you-

So, it had been a few weeks since I blurted out that Aizawa was Shin’s father, and I took some time off, partly because my babysitter was quickly becoming rich every time I had to leave early or come home late.

“Hey Okaa-san, can I watch some TV?” Shin asked.

“Sure.” I smiled.

“Arigato!” He grinned as he ran into the lounge room and turned it on.

As I cleaned up the dishes, the doorbell rang so I walked up and opened it, only to reveal Aizawa.

“Aizawa, um…hi.” I said, I wondered how long the whole awkwardness was going to last.

“Yuuki, I wanted to tell you that…I broke up with Eriko a few months after you left, we tried but things didn’t work out, I was about to try and further things with you but I couldn’t give up on Yumi, I didn’t want her to suffer because of me, but…anyway…what I’m trying to say is, I’ve loved you since you became my partner.” He said in one breath which made him have to suck in a large amount of air.

I blinked a few times and smiled then wrapped my arms around him and gave him a long passionate kiss.

“So…does that mean you forgive me?” He asked.

“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.” I said as I led him inside.

“Um…where are we going?” He asked.

“You’ll see.” I said simply.

After leading him into the house and to the lounge room where Shin was watching an extremely violent TV show.

“Shin?” I asked.

“Yeah?” He answered.

“This,” I said as I pulled Aizawa forward, “Is your Otou-san.” I said.

“What does Otou-san mean?” He asked.

I guess I didn’t bother to teach him at the time.

“Otou-san means Father.” Aizawa said in English for Shin.

Shin’s eyes widened but then he grinned and ran up and hugged his father.

Future-

“Shin!” I called as Eriko and Yumi approached Aizawa and I.

“Coming!” He called back as he ran up and hugged my leg.

“Shin, this is your half-sister Yumi.” Aizawa said.

Shin and Yumi grinned at each other and went off to play.

“Thanks for letting him meet her.” I said to Eriko.

“It’s fine.” She smiled.

“I heard you’re having another baby.” Aizawa said, he was still a little nervous around his ex-wife but she seemed comfortable.

“Yeah, you too huh?” she asked as she motioned to my enlarged stomach.

“Yep, can’t wait.” I beamed.