arwen en amin ; chapter 2

You whimpered as the guards dropped you onto the cold, hard ground of the throne room. "Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo" [a star shines on the hour of our meeting] A cold, but gracefully smooth, deep voice greeted you. The king had surprised both you and himself for greeting you with such formality, as he had always treated trespassers and criminals as vermin. "H-hara máriessë." [Stay in happiness] You answered timidly, not wanting to anger him.

He walked around you as you stood up and dusted yourself off. "Mirkwood is filled with wonders bright as starlight." He started as he looked you up and down. "And filled with vicious terrors, lurking in the inky black of the shadows. Which, in any case." He paused behind you for a moment before continuing his rounds. "Is no place for a winë [small one] like you."

You stood there, shaking. You had only heard stories, rumors of the ElvenKing and his cruel punishments for trespassers. 'So this was going to be how you died? In the dungeons? Pathetic.' "Oh what shall be of you, young one?" He asked no one in particular as you felt a lump forming in your throat. "The dungeons, perhaps?" He placed a finger under your chin to make you face him. You hadn't even noticed that you were keeping your head down this whole time.

"What do you say, arwen en amin [ my lady {not familiar} ]?" And that was your breaking point. You burst out into tears and looked the ElvenKing in the eye. "Oh God. Please, no." You barely choked out. "I beg of you, heruamin [ my lord ]." Thranduil looked at the young elleth whom he had almost banished to the dungeons for life. He felt something... Strange engulf him. A strange feeling he had only felt for one other person.

It felt so... foreign, yet familiar. He felt sad seeing the state you were in. Crying in front of him, face red and eyes puffy. Just like the way Elerrian [ his former wife ] was when she was in the same situation you were in- No. He couldn't think of that. It had been so long since he thought of his former queen's death. It silently pained him over the years. Knowing no one would make him feel the same, yet, here you were, making the ElvenKing feel guilty. 

The king cupped your face with one hand, but immediately let go after he realized what he was doing. You wiped your tears away as he whispered something into a guard's ear. The only words you heard come out of his mouth were, "As usual, there is no harm to come to her." "Follow me, arwen en amin." A guard told you. You nodded. After seeing you agree, Thranduil walked out of the throne room, slamming the door behind him. 

"How did it go, Ada?" Legolas asked his father who was silently reading a book at his desk. He sighed. "I don't... I don't quite know." He sighed. "Is there something wrong Ada?" Legolas pushed. Thranduil looked at his son with a serious expression etched on his face. "The girl. She's quite different." "How so?" Thranduil stood up and looked out of the window that overlooked the view of his kingdom. Legolas followed behind him. "I actually felt guilty seeing her crying. I don't know what's coming over me." He looked at his hand which were shaking.

Legolas stood beside his father. "Don't you think that's a good thing, ada?" He asked the king. "I vowed never to fall in love with another after Elerrian." Then what were these emotions he had experienced? What was so special about a common elleth that made him feel the way he did in that throne room? How could he be in love with her if they've never met before? So many questions ran through his mind, yet, no answers were given.

"Nana [ mother {not confirmed} ] would have wanted you to find another," Legolas stated looking at his ada who turned to face him. "You have no proof." "But I know mother would never want you to rot in this castle with no one to love you. She would want you to move on ada." The prince snapped at his father who was almost on the verge of tears. Legolas stomped out of his ada's office, trying not to cry after talking so much about his nana to the ElvenKing. Trying hard not to cry after almost forcing his own father to move on from his mother. 

The guard marched you down the beautiful hallways of the castle, and you looked around in awe. Different works of pottery, tapestries, paintings and plants were neatly placed to decorate the hallways of the once plain halls. "Here, arwen en amin." The guard firmly, but politely told you as you both stopped at a big oak door. "Where are we-" You tried asking the guard whilst he opened the door for you. "The king only told me to bring you here. I am afraid I do not know."

With one last glance at the guard, he closed the door shut behind you, leaving you in what seemed like a bedroom.  The room was filled with different works of pottery and tapestries just like the hallways outside. In the middle of the room, were sheets lined with gold. A window directly in front of you showed the cottages and buildings down below. "Beautiful." You breathed out.

The king paced back and forth in his chambers. Deep down, he knew his son was right, He knew he felt a form of attraction toward the elleth. But he was in denial. He refused to believe an elleth such as herself could make him feel such emotions. Why was he being so difficult with himself? Elerrian would be disappointed in him, he thought, as a tear dripped down his cheek. After a while, he stopped pacing back and forth. 'This is useless. ' He thought.

He sat down on his bed. Contemplating what to do next. There was no point in arguing with himself anymore. He was attracted to her. Although that was true, he wasn't going to give in that easily.

Not yet, anyway.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hello everyone! can i just say, thank you al for 22 reads! ik that's not alot to you, but it is for me! i hope you like how the story is going so far. sorry i didn't update it sooner ! thanks for reading xoxo - naw

date : 20/4/2020

fc : idk yet teehee

ily all, stay safe ! 🤍🦋