"choi soobin."
"choi yeonjun."

they shook hands outside the classroom. he slung his backpack over his shoulder.
"i guess i'll see you soobin." the younger boy walked off in the other direction.

soobin, later that day, felt nervous every time he saw that boy, choi yeonjun, around the campus. he tried to avoid him as much as possible.

the next day, they had chemistry class. soobin came and sat down in the empty chair in front of yeonjun. the older boy glared at him. soobin started taking down notes for their project.

"okay," the professor banged his hand on the lab table. "your lab partner will be the person sitting on your table now. you have to come up with your project so thay you can pass this semester. this paper i'm about to distribute has all the details of the project. if it doesn't follow instructions, you know what grade you're getting. understood?"
"yes," the class gave an unchalant response.
"you may go now."

the two boys met up in the cafeteria during lunch break. like usual, soobin sat in front of yeonjun. he barely made eye contact and instead, focused on the other students.

"so the project we need to make an investigatory project?" soobin asked.
"yes," yeonjun replied.
"soobin!" the younger boy heard a voice from behind him. he turned around and it was yoo seongwon. he stopped running at the sight of yeonjun.
"hey yeonjun." there was a figure that approached the dark haired boy in front of soobin. it was song minjae.
"i have to go yeonjun," soobin said with a reproachful glance.