Chapter 11

Télos P.O.V

I lay on my bed, feeling drained and exhausted. I hadn't slept last night and creating the cabin had taken a lot of energy.

So I lay on the bed and let my eyelids close, prepared to face the nightmares that followed me everywhere.

Dream--

"My little hero. I have watched you grow up. I know that you are loyal to your friends. But are they loyal to you? They aren't and you know it." Order said. Then she showed me a video. It showed all of my 'friends' throwing darts at my face. My heart was aching. It felt like someone had stabbed my heart over and over again and I had to fight the urge to cry out in pain.

"Feel the pain in your heart? It is your fatal flaw's doing. And that is another reason that it is called fatal. When your friendship with your closest friend dies off, some part of that flaw will kill you. Emotionally. And physically. And now that all your friends have left you--off their own accord, you can feel it in your heart, can't you? And without a fatal flaw, you're supposed to die. But you haven't died yet. And that is why I have to make sure you die emotionally now." Cue the evil laughter.

She lodged a sharp knife into my shoulder and I tried not to cry out. She took out the knife and brought it down to my stomach. She twisted it, then yanked it out. I cried out. "Oh, I must be doing something right! Finally!" She healed me and I heaved a sigh of relief. But that relief was not long-lasting. She plunged the knife into my stomach, again, and I cried out, tears starting to fill my eyes.

"Your screams are perfection. They sound like music to my ears. Now I know what to do that can make you show weakness. But don't worry, you're still the hero in my eyes. Now, for my mental torture..."

Hayley P.O.V

I was reading my favourite book, The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel, when I felt a serious tugging at my mind, causing a migraine. Télos. I put my book down on the table next to me and steadied myself. I went to Télos' room, not bothering to close my own room door, fully aware that it will automatically close. I went inside, only to find him twisting and turning under his blanket, sweating buckets, and curled up into a ball. I sat on a chair next to his bed and started singing. The only way he could be soothed while having a nightmare was to have someone sing to him. A little bit childlike, I'd say.

I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go

when all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said don't leave me here alone, but all that's dead and gone and passed tonight.

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down.

You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now.

Come morning light, you and I'll be save and sound.

I was about to continue singing when I heard the rustling of the bed sheets. I turned my head around to see Télos starting to wake up. His eyes slowly fluttered open and he groaned slightly.

"Did I wake you up?" He asked. Yep. He asked me a question. I shook my head. I helped him sit up. I went out to the lounge on our level and poured a cup of water out for him. I went back into the room and passed him the water. He took it and drank it all in one gulp.

"How do you feel?" I asked. I was expecting him to say "just fine" when he said something that brought tears to my eyes.

"I feel like I'm going insane."

Ωψωψωψψψψψψψψψψψψωωωωωωψ

A/N sorry for the not-so-good chapter. It will get better.