All alone and Upside Down

It was quite lonely without Eleven and Will in the Upside Down, but I am happy they are safer. Hopefully. As thought of my 11 years living in the lab, I realized that I was happier and safer staying in the Upside Down, which is quite sad, considering the fact that I'm slowly heading towards death.

I heard a sharp screech nearby, interrupting my dismal thoughts. I quickly jumped up and ran in the opposite direction of the screech.

* * * * * * * * * * 540 days later * * * * * * * * * *

I felt an abnormal energy coming from nearby. It felt like it was calling me. I ran towards the source, discovering the Upside Down version of the lab. I put my fears aside and charged into the building, following the source. What I found left me in shock.

It was a portal back to the right side up. Suddenly my exhaustion hit me. I used the last bit of energy to jump through the gapping hole. The last thing I saw before blacking out was Eleven.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
When I opened my eyes I realized I was no longer in the lab. I was in a small/medium sized room with two figures standing over me. I suddenly felt a horrid pressure on my chest. I turned to the floor where there happened to be a large, empty bucket. I coughed up all the black sludge in my lungs, which had filled the majority of my lungs.

I felt someone gently hold back my hair and rub my back as I coughed. I jumped at first, but eased into the familiar touch of Eleven.

Once I was done, Eleven helped me lay back down on the bed.

"Feel better?" She questioned. I gave a small nod as my attention was diverted from her. An unfamiliar man stood in the doorway.

"Good to see you awake, kid. I'm Hopper and you must be Thirteen," he said. He reached out his hand and I instantly flinched back at the motion. Eleven turned and glared at the man, only heightening my fear. I gave a small whimper. Eleven turned back to me.

"Shhh. It's okay, he's a good person. You're safe here," Eleven soothed. I nodded as a yawn escaped me. Eleven stroked my hair as I let fatigue take over and fell asleep.