fate, so they call it ; chapter 1

"Here in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads; A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be." The king circled the creature being held with a blade to his throat by his son, Legolas. "In time all foul things come forth." He stopped his tracks around the Orc, hands behind his back. "You were tracking the company of 13 dwarves... Why?"

"Not 13... Not anymore. The young one. The blackhead archer. We stuck him with a Morgüe shaft. Poison's in his blood. He'll be choking on it soon." Tauriel glared at the Orc in front of her. "Answer the question, filth." Her voice laced with poison.

A language not many were firmiliar with was spoken by the Orc, and it was not a compliment toward Tauriel. The sound of blades being drawn was indefinitely heard as Tauriel glared on at the Orc. "I would not antagonize her." Legolas cautioned. "You like killing things, Orc? You like death?" She narrowed her eyes. "Then let me give it to you!" The blade almost beheading the creature. "Tarn! Tauriel, ego. Gwao hi!" [Enough! Tauriel, leave. Go now."] Thranduil looked at the irritated elleth, sending her a look that told her 'I will make him pay.'

Tauriel walked away, head held high as she thought of the numerous ways of killing the repulsive, loathsome imbecile. "I do not care about one dead dwarf. Answer the question. You have nothing to fear. Tell us what you know, and I will set you free." 

"You had orders to kill, why? Who is Thorin Oakenshield to you?" The Orc seemed more cooperative after hearing that he would be set free, but Legolas didn't expect the promise would be kept by his ada. "The dwarf runt" he growled. "Will never be king." "King? There is no king in the mountain, nor will there ever be." Legolas stated. "None, would dare enter Erobor whilst the dragon lives-" "You know nothing!" He took a sharp breath in, "Your world will burn." "What are you talking about? Speak!"

"The time has come again my master serves The One. Do you understand now, Elfling?" Expressing he thought the elves of idiots. "Death is upon you. The flames of war are upon you." He let out an atrocious cackle, before Thranduil swung his blade into his neck, beheading him finally.

Legolas glanced at the head in his hand with disgust. "Why did you do that?" Confused with the task his ada had just performed. "You promised to set him free." Hd dropped the head with a squelch as it hit the floor. "And I did." He walked over to his son. "I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders." Smugness was literally radiating from his form as he walked off. "There was more the Orc could tell us." He reasoned. "There was nothing more he could tell me." His father spat, clearly satisfied with the execution of the filth.

"What did he mean by 'the flames of war'?" The young prince asked as the ElvenKing swiftly twirled his sword around, placing it into it's hilt. "It means they intend to unleash a weapon so great it will destroy all before it. I want the watch doubled at aft orders, all roads all rivers. Nothing moves but I hear of it. No one enters this kingdom." He looked at his son. "And no one leaves it."

Ironically, as the king left the throne room, a guard came up to him. "My Lord. Regarding your orders about no one entering and or leaving this kingdom," The king nodded. "Go on." Well, a young elleth has just crossed the border." The king looked at the guard with a hint of confusion. "Which post did she trespass?" "The river, near the wine cellar."

"Retrieve her, take only a few guards. No harm is to be inflicted on her. Escort her directly to the throne room." The guard bowed, and left the king there, unbeknowst to him, that this elleth would be the one he would court, once again.

//AUTHOR'S NOTE//
— this story will be in some ways, an AU. Elves will be allowed to court more then once. i hope you enjoyed the 'overview'! ps, play the video i provided above for a more realistic-sorta reading experience. thanks for reading!! ♡♡♡

——————————————————

date :: 16 feb 2020 | sunday
mood :: happy ✰🦋
follower count :: 4— an i oop