"I have work."

Bahagyang kumunot ang noo niya. "Akala ko ba rest day mo sa Sunday?"

"May raket ako, eh. Kilala mo naman ang nanay ko, baka sapian na naman ng masamang espiritu yun at hindi ako padalhan ng pera pangtustos. Naniniguro lang." biro ko pa.

His eyes darkened as he looked at me seriously. Ito ang madalas naming pinag-aawayan. Rigor kept on offering to help me with my finances but I just couldn't accept from him. I just can't. I am not a charity case. I am still capable of making it through my rent and bills if I work. Of course, it's tiring. But I don't have a choice. My mother left me to fend for myself. What else have I got?

"You know you can always ask for my help-"

"Yes, Yes." Itinaas ko ang palad upang ihinto siya sa pagsasalita. "I'm well aware. And I'm also well capable of myself, Treveron. Thank you very much."

He tsk-ed, but then proceeded to mess with my hair na para bang wala na siyang ibang magagawa. I chuckled and continued licking my ice cream. Nandito na kaagad kami sa village kung saan ako nakatira. Bakit ba ang bilis-bilis ng oras kapag kasama ko ang lalaking 'to?

"I have a party to attend this Sunday with Tita Sidra." Anunsiyo niya nang makarating na kami sa tapat ng apartment. "Maybe I could fetch you after you're done working?"

"And ditch your Tita Sidra? No thanks." I sticked out my tongue at him, like a kid. "Just enjoy, okay? I'll be fine on my own."

His lips went into a thin line. I could tell he still wanted to argue but he didn't. Instead, he just nodded and kissed my forehead.

"Good night, Cherié."

"Good night!"

I've been around with rich people before, so I knew exactly what to expect in this celebration party. It turns out to be Governor Roman's celebration even before the election because they already knew he is going to win. Sorcha always told me that her father had shady business with the governor but I never really believed it until now.

The dome where the event is going to be held is enormous. Round, tall tables were covered with white silk and a healthy bunch of red roses adorned the center. There's a huge, golden chandelier dripping with diamonds at the center. Pakiramdam ko kapag nasira ko ang ganiyan kamahal na bagay, kulang pa ang habangbuhay kong serbisyo sa mga mayayaman na 'to.

We were here six hours earlier to help clean and finish up the decoration. Hindi pa man nagsisimula ang party pero pagod na pagod na ako. Sumandal ako sa pader at pinagmasdan ang magarbong lugar.

"Your bags will be checked later before logging out." The catty manager told us when she asked the servers to gather.

"Bakit po?" rinig kong tanong ng lalaking server sa may likuran.

She looked at him sharply, annoyed that he has to ask.

"To make sure nothing's stolen." She answered curtly, and I heard a few moans of protest and gasps at the back. "Now get to work."

"Grabe talaga ang tingin nila sa atin 'no?" bulong ng kasama ko. I turned to her and smiled apologetically. "Wala pa nga tayong ginagawa pero magnanakaw na kaagad tayo sa paningin nila."

Dumiretso kami sa maliit na kwarto kung saan nakalagay ang uniporme namin. Just like the event, it looked regal and formal. A black, silk pencil skirt with black tights and cigarette heels. I don't know how they expect us to walk around and serve the guests in heels. For the top, it was a simple white chiffon button down with a cute red tie. Our hair were twisted in a bun and we were reminded to apply a bit of makeup before going out to mingle with the guests. I didn't mind it, though. The pay is good and it's only for the night.