~ | Seven | ~

Começar do início

*flash* My lip starts to sting as I taste the familiar metallic taste of blood in my mouth from where I always bite my lip to help keep it all in. The physical pain brings me back to reality. It's been a while since I had one of these memory waves. The nightmares will be worse tonight, way worse, with all those faces fresh in my mind. I try to bring myself to full conscience again, I try to forget again, but I know that the latter is impossible.

We were still walking through the castle, I started to think about where the common room would be to distract myself. I mean we had been walking for a while. Slowly Mcgonagall came to a stop in front of a painting. It had a rusty Gold painted frame that was chipping at the edges however I couldn't see who the portrait was of due to the small but compact crowd of 8th years. "Everyone!" Mcgonagall called out, "The password is LiquoricePuffs" I heard the portrait swing open and she stepped inside, followed by the crowd of my year mates. I couldn't see who the portrait was of still though because it was pressed right up against the wall to allow everyone as much room to enter.

As I walked into the common room I looked around and noticed that there was not a single piece of furniture. Like anywhere! The stone walls were completely bare except for windows on once aide that faced the black lake and others on the opposite side facing the meadow where Hagrid's hut used to be (it was still in the re-building process). Other than these windows there was a fireplace on either side of where the portrait is and a stair case going down labelled boys dorms and one going up labelled girls dorms. I saw other people with the same confused look as me at the lack of decor and just on cue Mcgonagall began "As you can see the common room is rather bare at the moment." Heads nodded around the room and a few people scoffed. " This is as we wanted offer you all the chance to decorate it as you like HOWEVER!" she yelled as a few people began to frown and protest. "I will be leaving the prefects from last year in charge to make the overall descision." Great, just great that meant that both Ron and Hermione would end up with 'room-decorating duties' leaving him alone. At least he'd have Nev, Dean and Seam.

Draco's POV

The old she-cat stood on the stair case surrounded by our grade I looked over at Blaise and we made eye contact giving each other a nod that signified we wanted to room together. "As I am sure a lot of you are wondering, you will be finding out your dorms shortly." Mcgonagall's voice continued on through the chatter of students talking about all our houses, working together, to decorate this room, they were bonkers! We don't get along for a reason. Although I don't really have a say since according to my watch auror I should try and 'integrate' with other houses. Based on the looks I had received so far, and was still receiving as of right now I really doubted that it would be happening. Although I did deserve it, I became a horrible person, someone I'm ashamed to say I became. 

The headmistress continued on "Everyone right your names onto a piece of parchment thats being handed out" As she said this small sections of parchment came whizzing around to every student along with a quill that appeared to be charmed not to run out of ink. As one landed in my hand the bristly feather was obviously of cheap and lousy quality. The tip was rather blunt and clearly not well kept. This was probably one of the worst quills I ever have and will use in my life, who knows where it's been. I held it away from me in disgust after I quickly scribbled my name neatly on my parchment. 

The old-lady continued "Now pair up with someone, of the same gender!" Everyone did as they were told. I went to go over to Blaise but Theo quickly was by his side I narrowed my eyes at the boy as Blaise mouthed a 'sorry' at me. I rolled my eyes and decided to look around for someone else to pair with. The Weasel and Potter were paired together, surprise surprise! Nearly everyone else had a partner, everyone except me. "Anyone without a partner raise there hand" Mcgonagall instructed. I reluctantly raised my hand that didn't have the parchment square in it and I looked around for any other boys. There was a Ravenclaw boy at the front of the group so I made my way over to him. 

He had light brown hair and a few light freckles on his light skin. His name was on the tip of my tongue. I was sure it started with a 'J' I looked down at his parchment which read 'Oliver', eh, 'O' was close to 'J'. Definitely. He was looking at me with utter disgust, the way I looked at myself in the mirror each day of sixth and seventh year. I don't think that we were going to get along, very well, at all.

"Why on Earth do I have to be stuck with that slimly deatheater" He spat at me. The word made me wince internally but I was able to keep my cool Malfoy composure I had been raised with. Never let your guard down, my father would teach me, emotions were for weaklings, Malfoy's are not weak. "Calm down Mister Rivers" Mcgonagall spoke "Now I want this half of the pairs to place their piece of parchment in bowl 1", she gestured to the left half of the room "and the other half to put theirs in bowl 2." Two large bowls each marked as either 1 or 2 floating at waist height appeared at the front of the stair cases and pairs went forward putting their names in the bowl on their side of the room

After the last pair finished Mcgonagall continued on "Now I want to tell you all that whoever you picked as your partner will not likely be your dorm mate." Groans were heard all through the room and cries of protest. Thank Merlin was all I thought, I did not want to end up with 'Mister Rivers' maybe this meant as well that I would be with Blaise or Theo! I might actually have a friend, double Thank Merlin!

"You will pick a piece of paper out of the opposite bowl to which you put your name in and which ever name you retrieve will be your dorm-mate" She continued silencing the protests "You and your new partner will then be able to choose another pairing to room with. These bowls are enchanted to ensure your partner is of the same gender and the pair you partner with must also be of the same sex as you" A few people snickered at this word, so immature honestly grow up! "The rooms chosen today will be final unless an actual reason is provided" At this some people sighed giving up their protests while others just huffed in annoyance knowing there really was no debating. Lines were formed in front of the opposite bowl from where they put their names in and I followed in line behind the lone Hufflepuff, and my original partner Oliver was behind me. 

___________________________________________________________

AN ~

I actually updated, woohoo! Im so sorry if it's rushed or there are any mistakes but wow this chapter took a lot of time and is definitely my longest yet (Just over 2k words!)

Also there will be some changes to this  storyline from the original (such as keeping Fred alive and sadly killing of Arthur and Charlie instead 😥) I will try to keep it relatively the same but there will be some changes, so just letting you know.

Any ideas on who you want rooming with who? What are your predictions? I have planned some out but let me know your opinions because nothing is set in stone! Thanks to all the people reading my story, I really does mean a lot to me, as said in the previous Author's note but I just wanted to say it again.

Thanks, Harper x