changes

The wind from outside blows into the club room. Everyone else has left, except for me and her. I don't know what she wants from me. I know I've been ignoring her lately. Is that what she wants to tell me?

"Hey, I've been wanting to tell you something." She says, flustered.

I couldn't help but stare at her eyes, how it glistens and shines from the light.

"Yeah? What is it?" I ask. Her eyes watering, as if she's about to cry.

"Sorry I just-" She mumbles.

She starts to tear up, the drops of water coming out of her eyes mad me weak. My chest feels heavy. What is she hiding from me? I try to get closer to her, I end up wrapping my arms around her, trying my damn best to comfort her.

"It's okay, just tell me. I promise you, I won't be mad at you." I told her, in a comforting voice. Although I couldn't keep that promise, it did make her feel more comfortable.

"Are you sure" She asked nervously.

"Of course."

She seemed more open after that. She sat up, wiping her tears away.

"Well, there's been something that I've been hiding from you, I feel like shit for not telling you this before, I just... didn't know if I could."

The tone of her voice sounded sincere; she was telling the truth. She really couldn't tell me.

"That's perfectly fine, we all have things we don't want to share, even if it's to the people you know the most."

"But I know you the most. You're my only friend. That's why I want to talk to you."

Her mumbling only made this worse, its like I'm trying to disarm a bomb. Strange analogy, but I know if I slip up once I'll never be able to do it again. Because I'll be dead.

"Look. I'll let you decide, I don't want to pressure you."

She became even more tense. I cut the wrong wire.

"I feel like if I tell you. You would dump me. You would hate me forever, wouldn't you?"

Those words hit my heart like a harpoon. She cut the wrong wire too. Is she cheating on me?

"I won't hate you. I love you, remember? You can tell me, I'll understand. Besides, I know you more than anyone else."

Her expression hasn't changed. Nothing but silent air, filling the room just waiting to be replaced the sound of her voice. She seems panicked, her body, still wrapped around me. She's sweating.

"I- I'm-"

Just one cut away from disarming.

"Breathe, focus on your breathing. Then tell me."

...

"I'm baby."