Syrup Island

May 15

"Wake up, morons!" Niko's voice woke the other two up from their rests. They leaned up in the ships and looked around into the wide opened ocean.

"What?" Luffy yawned. He stretched his limbs and now he was fully wide awake. "Island! There's the island!"

"We're heading to Syrup Village on Gecko Islands. It's a small inhabit island from south of Shells Town."

Zora, now paying attention, sat up and the blankets fell from her lap. She placed her hand above her eyebrows and looked forward. All she could see was a lousy island with high cliffs on its borders. There wasn't much to be seen on that island; it was only a small village and not even a marine base. "What's there?"

"I thought it would be best if we found a ship here," Niko remarked with a prideful tone.

"Ah, finally some meat!" Luffy moaned as his stomach growled. Ever since he came back to this time, he hasn't eaten his normal share of food.

"And some sake!" Zora added as she rose her hand like a pose. She had an eager smile on her dark skinned face; it was about time she could fulfill her thirst.

"...you guys..." Niko grumbled. They were too simple minded when they had other things to find. "We still need a chef, docto-"

"Musician!" Luffy cheered with both of his arms in the air. Niko sighed, maybe getting through with them was harder than he first thought. These people call themselves a pirate crew, but they had nothing in their disposable other than fighting skills. Even he knew of the great dangers that lasted on the sea.

Gecko Island.

Their two boats docked along the shore. Zora, being ordered by Niko, jumped down onto the sandy beach with a stake in her hand. She stretched and yawned once more, "Been awhile since I been on firm ground!"

"Because you been sleeping all the time!" Luffy chuckled.

The leaves on top of the cliff started to ruffle, and she paused. The stake dropped to the ground, and she held her hand on one of her swords' hilt. Luffy, being caught in the moment, searched the tree line and repeated "Where?" over and over again. His head, much like an owl, turned fully around search for the unseen predator.

Projectiles were shot.

Zora quickly spotted the attacker. She unsheathed her swords and stood her ground. The attacker had a slingshot, and shoot rocks instead of ammo.

"We been found out!"

"Run!"

Three of of the unseen enemies ran away, leaving only their leader standing behind a fallen log. She sweated in fright as the three of them turned and stared at her; expecting something to happen. She lifted one of her arms and declared, "I AM CAPTAIN URIKA! CAPTAIN OF THE URIKA PIRATES! I HAVE A GREAT PIRATE FLEET THAT GUARDS THIS ISLAND! STEPPING FOOT ON THIS ISLAND IS A CRIME!" She pulled a string and the bushes in the bottom of the slope. Cardboard cutouts popped behind the bushes with their weapons painted on to look as if they were readied to attack.

Luffy buckled back in laughter. Tears started to form in the slits of his eyes. He never thought he would see this display again.

Urika, hurt, stepped back and her jaw dropped. "Why are you laughing at the Great Urika?!"

"You're lying," Niko blurted as deadpan as ever. He rubbed his forehead with the index finger, and then crossed his arms. He could have made up a better lie than that.

"Ah! I've been caught!"

"See, you just admitted it!"

"Shots! I did! Bad planning, bad planning indeed!" Urika leaned over her knees and started to sweat more than ever. She gulped as she was the only one left in front of three real pirates.