Chapter 2

☜︎☜︎☜︎☜︎☜︎𝚉𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚎☞︎☞︎☞︎☞︎☞︎

I could barely sleep that night as I had received the news of me having stage 4 lung cancer. All my life I have never imagined myself to be in such a predicament.To be sick .

Sick .
That's all I am now . A sick girl who won't be able to do anything because of my sickness. My whole life is ruined all because of a sickness. My dream of becoming a singer is ruined all because of a sickness. A sick girl is all that I am now .

I felt my hand reach up to wipe my face . I didn't notice that I was crying until now . I flipped through the channels and ended up dozing off .

I woke about an hour later as there was a knock on my door. "Come in"
"Good afternoon Ms.Zanae ," the nurse spoke ,"You are to be released today after you sign these papers; and remember to take the medicine that's prescribed to you."
"Thank you." I spoke after signing the papers and handing it to the nurse , giving him a slight smile as he exited the room .

After I got myself situated I began to make my way towards the elevator. I got inside patiently waiting for it to go down to my stop . "AYE , hold that 'do" someone spoke . I reached my hand out to stop the door from closing .
"Thank you ma." The man spoke with a smile showing off his shining grills. He was wearing very expensive clothing and a huge chain that said 'NBA'. Not to mention, he had smooth skin and three markings on his forehead. To me, they brought out the rest of his features . He looked good .
"Mhmm." I said keeping it short .
"You pretty ." He spoke again.
"Thank you."
"I could get yo numba ?"
"I guess " I said with a smile .
"You better tmb when I text you , ma ." he said as the elevator doors opened to the first floor.
"We'll see." I said as I made my way outside of the elevator and to my car .