Chapter 1: "Do you still have feelings for her?"

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Wasting no time, she was now in the back of the car with the little girl looking for any injuries she might have.

The girl began to stir, "Mooooom" she cries out, barely able to open her eyes.

"Shhhh, it's okay," Lia said, trying to calm the girl.

"My mom?" She questions looking up at Mia.

Lia didn't know how to answer and spent a brief second starring in the young girls eyes trying to figure out what to tell her, but as she looked longer she realized she did not have to say anything, Lia saw recognition in the girls eyes. The girl new her mother was gone.

"She's dead, isn't she?"

Lia gave her a nod and replied, "I'm sorry, when I got to her...she-" The girl cut her off, "you don't need to tell me the details lady," she says rolling her eyes. Mia watched as a tear fell from the girls eye.

A few minutes passes and Mia noticed the girl has been closing her eyes more frequently, "Hey...you need to keep your eyes open, you've got a nasty cut there" she says referring to the girls head wound, must've got it from hitting her head on the window.

"Okay," the girl mumbles.

"We never exchanges names, how about we do it know? My name is Lia, short for Guiliana, what's yours?"

"Lexi, short for Alexandria"

"Lexi?...You know, my best friend had that nickname, her name was alexia" Lia said, remembering the longest friendship she had with the one and only Alexia 'Lexi' Branson. They did a lot of things together in their years of friendship, then Mia began to recall the time Lexi spotted her a date on the beach, she almost regretted it.

"What about him?"

"Mhmm....he's cute, but no-" Mia said, starring at the hot surfer dude coming out of the ocean.

"Oh, come Lia...it's been what 50 years?"

"Little over doing it on the exaggeration scale. plus He's human...they have too much baggage," taking a sip of her bourbon then placing it down on a coaster.

"You could always turn him, he'll make one sexy vampire, that's for sure"

"Like you did with lee?" Mia asks raising her eyebrows with a smirk.

"You approved of lee, and now I'm approving that sexy surfer," Lexi said taking a sip of her glass. "Now go get a date, before you never see him again...I don't want hear the regrets later"

Rolling her eyes, she replied, "Fine, Fine" giving in, placing her glass down. "Don't you dare finish my drink, this will only take a minute,"

Lexi sent a smile her way, watching her walk up to the surfer.

"How were the waves?" Giuliana asks, getting the conversation going,

"Great up until someone dropped in on my wave,"

"Riiiight," she said dragging the word out, sending her in a fit of laughter "you guys are very keen on one wave per person,"

"Yeah" he said laughing with her, giving Giuliana the idea that he might be interested in her.

"So, what's your name?"

"Mason Lockwood," he said

Giuliana stared at him in shock before saying,
"Wait, okay?, there are probably thousands of Lockwood's across the world, but you wouldn't happen to be one from Mystic Falls, would you?"