To think that all of this happened in two weeks...

You wanted to sleep, you wanted to take a nap so badly to escape from all the fear. But God knows what would the unstable male do.

"He's not even out of breath! What the hell!?"

Both of you spent a few minutes in utter silence. You watched Vasilios carefully as he slowly lowered his forehead to touch the steering wheel. His hands were still glued to it.

The stuffy quietness was broken by his soft sniffles. Soon, it turned into sobs.

Then a blood-curdling shriek.

You covered your mouth with a hand and distanced yourself away from him. You have never heard him whimper before, it actually sounds... human.

Liquid drips from his eyes and onto his pants, his hair hid his puffy eyes from you. The snivelling got louder and his shivering got worse. It was very difficult to watch.

The grip on his steering wheel was intense, you could see his veins throbbing on his trembling hands.

You couldn't take it, screw the blackmail, you want OUT. "I'm sorry Brandy, this ain't it."

You tried to pull the door handle, but a large hand shot out to grab yours.

"P-please, don't leave me... I-I'm s-sorry..." He choked out, his voice was strained and fragile. His green eyes were bloodshot, filled with vulnerability. That dominant shell is dissolved, no longer present in him now.

That was the first time Vasilios wholeheartedly apologized to someone.

"Go to therapy!" You yelled at him and wrenched your hand free. You took one last glance at the broken man before exiting his car.

You slammed the door shut. "Damn! There's probably like three feet left before this car goes down!"

You hurriedly walk away but froze on the spot when you hear his car come to life again.

"He can't be that stupid, right?" You turned around and see the car slowly moving forward to its doom. From the back, you saw Vasilios's head still on the steering wheel, quivering.

"HEY! Wait! Wait! Stop the car!" You ran towards the passenger door and yanked it open, your hand shot out to pull the clutch.

"Damn it, Vasilios!" You cussed at him as you removed the key from the ignition switch. He lifted his head up and watched you with hopeful eyes.

"Man, what the hell!?" You grabbed him by the collar and slapped him across the face. It left a red handprint on his cheek, he hissed in pain.

"Wake up!" You shook him back and forth. "I'm no therapist, but you gotta wake the hell up!" You shook him with more vigour.

"WAKE UP!" You yelled in his face, some of your spit sprayed on him.

Both of you sat on the grassy ground side by side, watching the moon in serene silence as his car rests uncomfortably near the edge of the cliff.

You massaged your head. What a mess. Maybe you do need that one week off from your work after all.

"I'm sorry..." He mumbled.

"Yeah, you should be. Crazy bitch." You mumbled the profanity to yourself, looking at him up and down.

"Why did you stop me?" He asked softly, there was no hostility or suggestiveness in his tone, only pure curiosity.

"For many reasons, I'll tell you the reasons that you wanna hear. Number one, I care for you." You lied through your teeth.

"Number two, I have morals." Vasilios's eyes remained on the ground.

"Number three, I care for your damn car. She must have costed a fortune." You pointed at his vehicle. Vasilios remained silent.

You pulled on your hair out of frustration. You wanted to kill (f/n) for getting you into this mess.

"...(Y/n)?" The male called you.

"What!?" You turned around and snapped at him only to be taken aback by his soft smile.

His face was pure, only genuine happiness was shown. His green eyes glimmered with relief and adoration.

"I love you."

______________________________________________
A/n: fun fact, this was supposed to be smushed together with the previous chapter, making one long ass chapter