A/N: Paragraph five contains one brief use of the word n*use*us

It's hard to believe it, but after barely under a week I've been able to move on. Most people don't believe me. I don't even really believe me, but this morning I woke up and Jake wasn't what I was expecting when I opened my eyes.

I took a deep breath, taking in the sight of the empty space in front of me. It spoke to me, but not with words. It asked me if I remembered what it looked like when it wasn't empty. Or if I remembered the way it used to smell. It invited me to take a whiff of it, to maybe help me remember those things.

Deciding to get out of bed, I made my way to the kitchen. Exhaustion weighed my body down, so the trip took a good four minutes instead of two. Not only that, but my mind had a lot to process. Jane was coming over today for our weekly, and probably not the best for my mental health, tea spill. She had mentioned to me a possible crush last week and I laughed back then,but now that the fog had been cleared, I wanted to kill her.

It wasn't jealousy, it was just the fact that the timespan of the breakup was literally about four days. Still, I feel kind of sorry for her. She doesn't know Jake the way I do, or did, which means she doesn't realize she's going to have to deal with a very serious rejection. Jake's way too moral of a guy to just start banging some chick right after he's just stopped banging some dude. He's going to throw out all his clothes that smell like me so his new lover won't get jealous. Then, he'll throw out all my favorite foods and ask for hers. After he does that, he'll buy whole new perfume sets, which isn't totally necessary but who am I to judge him? Oh, that's right, his ex.

After I managed to make myself my usual breakfast, my body made its way to the couch. The breakfast strictly consisted of toast, scrambled eggs, and turkey. Anything else and that nauseous feeling would start creeping up on me. I had to learn this the hard way on day two, seeing as I hadn't eaten at all on day one.

When breakfast was done, I heard a knock at my door. Right on time as always, I guess.