1

"Nice death, long overdue." Incense filled the air. In the smoke, the Queen of Gui Le had a trace of a sneer as she leisurely replied, "That servant is quite skillful to have poisoned the two princes of Dong Lin and to seduce Chu Beijie. Forget her long friendship with the Marquis of Jing-An, who knew that even the generals of Bei Mo would mourn for her. Hmph, are all the people under the skies crazy?"

"Madam is right." Le Di stroked his beautifully trimmed beard. "Bai Pingting is indeed nothing, but when Chu Beijie learned of her death, he was deeply hurt. He is now devastated, which is deeply important to the current situation of the four countries."

"Devastated?" The Queen was stunned for a moment. Her gaze became a little sad. She couldn't help sigh, "There really seems to be a true hearted man in this world, yet why is it that Bai girl who gets him? If our King had half of the Duke of Zhen-Bei's heart, then I would be dearly blessed."

"Madam, don't pity Chu Beijie yet. There is still something that needs to be done first."

"What?"

Le Di pushed open the window, looking left and right before closing it again. He stepped until he was in front of the Queen and lowered his voice, "Madam, do you still remember Fei Zhaoxing?"

The Queen thought for a while, until she remembered. "Isn't he one of Brother's subordinates? That time when the King sent people to hide in Dong Lin so they could ambush He Xia and Bai Pingting's carriages, we sent him to He Xia so..."

"Yes."

"What's wrong, hasn't this person been disposed yet?"

"If he was disposed already, then what need is there to feel worried? Having mentioned this, it's all thanks to your brother who doesn't live up to expectations." Le Die sighed, saying, "Your brother's heart is not hard enough. He simply thought that if they grew up together through childhood, then he would be considered a confidant. He did not find someone to kill him when he came back, only asking someone to give him money so he could hide somewhere far away."

The Queen's expression changed, "How could Brother be so muddled? How could he have pity about such a thing? Sigh, even if Brother isn't thoughtful enough, Father should at least teach Brother a lesson."

This matter was both important and not. However if it were to blow out of proportion, then it was a national treason that would result in the destruction of their family.

Le Di clenched his eyebrows. "How could I not teach him a lesson? You Brother listened to me and immediately sent someone to find Fei Zhaoxing. However, who knew he was that clever and left no trace behind."

The Queen secretly thought that both her father and brother were incompetent, but she herself had no choice on the matter. She coldly replied, "That Fei Zhaoxing has always been as slick as ghost since young. If he were suspicious and retreated to the mountains, then how could it possibly be easy getting rid of him?"

"As long as he lives, our worries will never be put to rest. If the King finds him..."

"I know." The Queen pondered for a while before instructing, "I will send someone to deal with Fei Zhaoxing. Father, go find Brother and tell him to not care about anything, just properly lead the troops and win over the other generals. As long as we have a good grasp on the military power, even the King cannot do anything about our Le Family. Hmph, with such a lesson right under our nose, there is no way we will learn the blind loyalty of the House of Jing-An. They worked hard all their lives, only to be destroyed."

Le Di nodded, "Madam is right." He suddenly thought of something else, and he asked, "Does the King already know the news of Bai Pingting's death?"

"Who else under the skies doesn't know that, after the generals of Bei Mo mourned for her?" This thought made the Queen very angry, but at least her own father was the only one around, so she didn't hide it at all. She gritted her teeth, "I don't know what ability that servant woman has. She certainly isn't a beauty either. When the King found out she died, he didn't speak the whole day. I heard the King was planning to give his Order, speaking how her qin skills are Gui Le's national treasure therefore she is to have the title of Gui Le's Goddess of Qin as well as a statue erected for her. Isn't this a joke?"

Le Di was very worried by this, "Madam, the King's actions seems to be a warning."

The Queen's expression slightly darkened as she helplessly sighed. "Of course I know that. Now that the House of Jing-An is gone, our Le Family has become more and more powerful. Look, how many people in the courts who led troops are not nominated by you and Brother? Back then, the King managed to endure the Yangfeng incident, yet today, he dislikes me as the Queen even more for Bai Pingting."

"Come to think of it, Madam is quite intelligent." Le Di studied his daughter's expression as he carefully proceeded, "The King is the sole master of the nation, therefore it is common that he has beautiful women around him. What is it for Madam to be a little more generous and let someone like that Li'er who came a few years ago become a Concubine? Yet, you forced the King to give her to the King of Dong Lin."

The Queen harrumphed, "How did I not help her? With the King of Dong Lin, she was raised to Concubine Li and even gave birth to a princess. Father doesn't need to say any more. I am annoyed right now so nothing will work well with me and yet Father still tries to annoy me even more."

Le Di knew his daughter was jealous and sighed to himself. He still wanted to continue urging her but suddenly heard the sound of footsteps approaching. He quickly stopped the conversation. He sat where he was originally and held the teacup he had yet to drink from. The Queen's closest maid, Yangrong, called from the outside. "Madam, the King has sent a messenger."

"Come in." The Queen allowed the manservant to enter. She drank her tea while asking, "What does the King have to say?"