Chapter 12: What Happened?

“Ugh, ouch my head hurts... ...Oh hello Cecelia.”

I heard Michaela mutter as she woke up, I turned my head in her general direction as I heard her moving.

"Hey Michaela, you okay?"

I asked worriedly, since I can't see if she's injured from her fall. She'll be fine, she has Shadow dude looking after her.

“I’m still alive, aren’t I?”

She answered somewhat sarcastically, making me smile a little.

"Haha true, do you need anything?"

I laughed fakely, trying to hide my unease. I can hear it in her voice, she's hiding something. The princess is in pain, but it's obvious that she doesn't want to make Ce worry so I won't say anything.

“No but I want to know how you got in the auction as a slave."

She told me, causing me to flinch slightly before lowering my head.

- I don't want to remember it, the way they knocked me out before selling me. Not seeing what they had planned for me, only made it scarier as they punished me. -

*I'm sorry I wasn't awake at the time, to help you through whatever you went through that night.*

- It's okay, you needed your rest. And can't you look at my memories, to see what went on when you were asleep? -

*Yeah but I need your permission to so, since it'll force you to see the memories too. I know that you don't want to remember it, so I won't look until you're ready.*

- Thank you Ty, I appreciate it. -

*You should at least answer part of her question, so she doesn't keep asking. She's still waiting for an answer, you can talk to me later Ce.*

- Alright, I'll talk to you later Ty. -

"My parents sold me, after knocking me out."

I half lied, as I felt my slouched form tense up. I'll be patient Ce, so let me know when you're ready for me to look through your memories.

“Oh.. I see, where is Shadow?”

She changed the subject, probably taking notice of my tense form.

"I don't know, can't see him."

I chuckled softly to myself, as I looked around for him. Well he isn't in the room, or the princess wouldn't have asked.

“Jeez woman, just tell me where he said he was going.”

She said with mock exasperation, making me smile softly.

"He didn't say, but I'm guessing he's getting you water."

I answered her properly this time, knowing full well that he was doing so. Yeah he's getting water, I saw him leave the room with an empty cup in hand.

“Oh okay, well anyway when he gets back go and get anything you left behind.”

Michaela told me, and I nodded as I was looking down. I was deep in thought, worrying about Oakoa.

"I have a baby chicken in my room named Oakoa, he should be in my purse by the bookshelf. That's all I have to get, nothing else in the room is actually mine."

I told her about my chick, as I looked back in her general direction. Oh yeah, that little fella. He's a mythical creature that's been transformed, I can't tell which one he is though.

“Oh okay then after that we will need to find a bigger inn room, I’m telling you this plan because I’m feeling tired again.”

Michaela said to me, probably expecting me to tell Shadow the plan.

"Alright I'll tell Shadow the plan when he gets back, go ahead and get some more rest."

I replied, as she made movements to lay back down. I see someone outside our room, I think it's Shadow dude.

“Yeah thanks Ce.”

Michaela thanked me, as I shook my head with a smile and looked over to where I heard the door opened. It's...