I frowned, thinking back on everything that has happened so far in the three hours that has passed since we have arrived here. Gabriel was able to talk back to a cheerleader who obviously seemed like she was the leader. Kota, a nerd-looking boy, was able to make the crowd part for him. Nathan obviously knew another student had been talking to us. North had insinuated that I had been on drugs when I met him. Victor was a rich piano prodigy and was attending a school known for delinquents and troublemakers, and, lastly, Luke who seemed to have secrets beneath his forced cheerfulness. "There are some things that are suspicious, but I don't feel as if they are the bad guys."

Owen looked at me with his sharp eyes. "And why do you think that?"

I shrugged. I don't know why. "It's a gut feeling." Unfortunately at that moment, my stomach made it presence known with a growl.

He raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow at me. "And what is it feeling now?"

I scrunched my face at him. "My stomach is hungry. Remember, I went with my gut when I met you and decided to stay with you."

Owen's voice was monotone when he responded back. "Wonderful." He shook himself from his uninterested emotions when there was a thump to our door. We looked at each other with surprise, and he went to open the door. While he was doing that, I looked at the other open files on his desk. I wasn't surprised when I saw a Dakota "Kota" Lee, a Gabriel Coleman, a Nathan Griffin, and a North Taylor along with Victor Morgan and Luke Taylor's files.

"Dr. Green," Owen spoke, attracting my attention. I noticed a girl shifting uncomfortably in front of Owen. Her brown hair was cut short into a pixie hairstyle, and large brown eyes darted behind her constantly. "She is here for you."

A smile formed on my face. She was clearly uncomfortable and nervous, and I wanted to relieve her from some of the negative emotions. My face softened when her body became less tense. "What can I do for you, Miss?"

"Karen," she smiled. "The nurse isn't here, and there is an injured student in the nurse's office."

I straightened when I heard that a student was injured. "Okay, I'm coming."

Glancing at Owen who gave a slight nod, we followed Karen down the hallways. Owen was asking Karen questions, but I looked at the appearance of the walls, ceiling, floors, and lockers. The ceiling was damp in some places, and the floor was scuffed and worn. The walls were in no better condition but there wasn't many markings or damages as I thought there would have been. The lockers were old and rusty-looking, but were still usable.

Karen hesitated when we came to the nurse's office. Sensing her nervousness, I gave her a calming smile. "Thank you, Karen. Go on to class."

Karen smiled before walking off. Whatever was in there might be dangerous, but I had a feeling that there weren't people in there waiting to jump on me. Shoving my questions down, we entered the office and looked at the only person in here.

A giant sat on one of the cots that had been placed in the small room. He was tall and muscular. He seemed to be brimming with strength. Dark hair fell around his temples, and soulful dark brown eyes looked at Owen and me with interest and suspiciousness as we entered. He spoke, and I felt my curiosity rise at the tilt of an accent to his voice. "Who are you?"

I smiled as I walked over to the cabinets that lined against the wall. I spoke as I grabbed some gloves and some supplies. "I am Dr. Green, and this is Mr. Blackbourne. Now why don't you tell me you're name and where you are injured."

The boys looked at us before speaking. "I'm Silas Korba, and I have a cut on my arm."

I looked at his left arm. He was holding a rag which was a bit bloody to his arm. Putting my gloves on, I motioned for him to move his hand away. A cut around two inches long was sliced into his upper arm. It was a clean cut so it must have been from a sharp edge like a knife. It was deep but wasn't deep enough for stitches. By the look of the wound, I wouldn't have known that he was in pain by his expression alone. "You'll be fine. I'll put in some butterfly stitches and bandage it. I'll give you some pain reliever for today."

As I fixed his arm, Owen decided to put his head in. "Mr. Korba, where did you get that injury?"

He shrugged. "Outside."

Owen narrowed his eyes at the student in front of me. I wanted to chuckle. The student was obviously not wanting to reveal what happened. "And where outside?"

"On the football field." Silas spoke. Before Owen could ask another question, he continued. "On the bleachers."

I shared a look with Owen. The student was obviously lying, but we couldn't push him too much. The only thing we could do it investigate and watch him. As I wound some bandages around his arm, I switched the topic. "What nationality are you?"

"Greek," he said simply. I nodded, knowing that he wasn't a person who talked much.

"Ah, I have a friend from Greece. He was from Mykonos. He could make some delicious spanakopita." I smiled as I finished his dressing. "Well, I'm all done. Your wound will heal up in no time, but be careful around those bleachers."

Silas nodded and stood up. He looked at me then at Owen. "Thank you."

I looked at him. "You're welcome."

Without another word, he ambled out of the office. Once he was gone, Owen mused. "He's hiding something."

I nodded. "That cut wasn't made from falling or scraping. It was obviously a knife wound." I sighed as I looked at the clock. It was almost lunch time. "I'm going to stay here and familiarize myself with the office."

Owen stood up, straightening his suits. I narrowed my eyes at him. He should really add some color to his wardrobe other than gray and black suits, white shirts, and maroon tie. Maybe I should help him out again. Gray eyes looked at me with suspicion. It was almost as if he knew what I was thinking about. "Don't touch my clothes again, Sean, or I'll destroy your white coat."

I pouted. "Fine. You just had to threaten me with my precious coat."

He rolled his eyes before striding from the room. Oh, well, better to mess with him than join him.

Owen POV

I was walking back in my office once again. My thoughts kept going back to Victor Morgan. There was a lot of gossip as to why he stopped performing. Some said that he was injured. Some say that he threatened to kill himself. Another rumor said that he was gay and was talked by his partner to stop performing. Even if those rumors were true, why was he attending this school?

"Victor," a voice whined, attracting my attention. Looking further down the hallway, I saw a two boys walking towards me. The one to my right was familiar. His blue shirt and blonde hair was similar to the "Samaritan" who helped me navigate through the crowd. The file said that his name was Luke Taylor. Next to him was Victor Morgan. He didn't look injured or mentally disabled. In fact, the aura around him seemed sharp and cautious. "I'm hungry."

Mr. Morgan's eyes snapped towards me and narrowed as I approached them. "Mr. Morgan, my name is Mr. Owen Blackbourne. I am your new advisor. May I ask you a few questions?"

"fine," Mr. Morgan said. He and Mr. Taylor seemed to have a silent conversation before Mr. Taylor smiled suddenly and walked away. Brown eyes that seemed to burn with flames looked at me. "What questions do you have for me?"

I looked at him. "Do you enjoy taking mediocre classes?"

His eyes lit up with curiosity. "Sometimes. They are sufficient for the credits I need."

"May I ask why you are doing at this school when you could have picked any other school to attend?" I watched for any reactions.

He didn't show any reactions other than curiosity. "I have a few friends here so I chose to come here where I know a few people than to a place that I don't know anyone."

I stared at him. "Is that why you stay here when it is dangerous and could damage your college choices?"

My interest rose when a small smile graced his face. "I have my reasons."