Chapter Nineteen

We watch as it slowly stumbles towards us, Leon quickly takes out his pistol, aiming it at the thing. 

"You again." Before he could do anything we hear the doors behind us open. I turn and feel and tug, Leon grabs me as Annette runs towards it. 

"Move, he's mine. This has to end." We watch her shoot the damn thing, seeing a liquid flow out. Leon quickly protects me, by moving me far away from her. I stumble and hold onto his shoulders, hurting his bullet wound a bit. 

"What the hell is happening?" He winces and looks at me, he knows I'm afraid. 

"Sorry William." We hear her say with agony, she keeps putting a bullet into him, one after another. The monster finally falls, Leon uses his hand to tell me to say put. He then looks over the fallen body. 

"You called this thing William, why?" I slowly walk up to them, making sure I wouldn't get hurt for what I'm about to say.

"This monster, was her husband." I watch Annette look at me with the corner of her eye, she closes it and looks at her monster of a husband. Leon stares at me, wondering how I knew.

"It shouldn't have been like this, this whole mess is Umbrella's fault." Leon then looks at Annette again, letting his questions leave his mind for a second. Leon allows his questions to be heard, but not for me.

"You're Umbrella too. You're telling me, you weren't involved in this?" Leon then slowly stands up, I walk over by his side, knowing we'll get an explanation sooner or later.

"Yes...But we never meant for this to happen." I watch as Annette grows more tense, letting her arms move around as she speaks. Leon then walks up to her, I reach out, about to hold him back. I stop myself, knowing I shouldn't hide things from him anymore.

"Then tell me everything--right from the start." We allow her to speak, hearing every word of the story. I turn and look at the monster to think, making me panicked. "So you created this monster." Leon states, making Annette nervous.

"We never intended--" I cut her off with yelling, I then start to pry on her for answers.

"Your daughter..? Where is she?" Annette then doesn't answer me, I then stand closer to her. "Where is your daughter!?" I scream at her, we all turn to see the monster reach up and grab her by her body. Leon backs me away, and starts to prepare for this fight. He then looks at me when I start speaking to him. "Her daughter might be alive! She could be here! Leon her daughter--"

I duck and run over as the monster swings at the both of us. Leon then stands in front of me, with his pistol out.

"What the--hell?" The monster swings and I tug Leon, making him miss a deathly hit from the massive thing. We try to find a way to escape, making Annette start to move the platform. I kepe my eyes on the thing while Leon speaks to her. "What're you doing?!" 

"We can't let it get away!" I roll my eyes and see us about to get hit, Leon quickly picks me up bridal style and drops down onto the other platform. I yelp and hold onto him as feel the air flow through us. He grunts as we land, I open my eyes and see him staring at me with worry.

"Don't worry I've got you, but we have to end this now." I nod and he puts me down, I take out my shotgun, waiting for the beast to arrive. 

I feel myself get tired of this, at this point I don't care if I die. I quickly slide past him and start firing at the thing, I turn and start running seeing Leon take his turn now. I watch a cart full of gasses, I quickly shoot the cart making it move. The monster turns to me, and starts charging, I let the cart slide until it reaches close to it. I sprint and quickly hop onto the cart, I jump over the eye allowing my gun stab into the eye. I roll onto the ground and land into a kneeling pose.

"Now, it's easy to kill." I then signal Leon to allow the final shots to be made.