The sketch of my dad was a week after he had passed away..this is the first time I've looked at it since...wiping my eyes of water droplets ready to fall I quickly skimmed to a blank page before sketching.

In a world of my own i didn't hear the sound of footsteps climbing the ladder, it wasn't till the person sat next to me that i was aware.

Looking over to my left i found no other than Dylan Mee, who similarly to me had a sketch book in his hands. He was sat gazing at my current drawing trying not to make it obvious.

"I see you've found my secret hiding place"

Dylan pulled a face "Your hiding place?"

I nodded "Yeah, i come here when i want to be alone or to just be in a quiet place where i can relax and not have any worry, just to relax and draw to my hearts content" i signed

"You draw?" I asked aloud making him aware that i knew he was looking.

He tried to look cool by acting all mysterious but he actually looked like he was having stomach problems and kept tossing and turning on his side. He stuttered a response.

"I mean sometimes but its whatever" he scoffed making me scowl slightly.

"If drawing was 'Whatever' then you wouldn't do it, and i can tell by the half filled sketch book that drawing to you isn't whatever" There was a pregnant pause before i looked at his book "You need a pen or pencil?"

"Pen"

Reaching over to my box i pulled out a set before holding it out to him, he went to grab it but i pulled it away before he took it. "What's your problem?" he scoffed

"Say please"

"Say what? No just give me a pen"

"No. Not until you say please"

"Oh for- okay can i please have a pen" he said sarcastically

You smiled, even though he said it with an attitude at least he said it. Handing the pens over he took them reluctantly. I looked at him with raised eyebrows and a tilted head with pursed lips, he looked at me before signing in defeat "Thanks" i laughed silently before retreating back into my comfortable position and returned to my drawing.

"What was all that about" Dylan broke the silence between us.

Neither one of us looked at each other as we were both concentrating on our drawings. My dad had this saying that he used to tell me as a little girl- 'Good manners cost you nothing, but ignorance will costs you everything' that's why to me it's always important to use manners and be kind to people so they'll be kind to you" i sighed as i lifted my drawing up to the light for a final inspection.

 My dad had this saying that he used to tell me as a little girl- 'Good manners cost you nothing, but ignorance will costs you everything' that's why to me it's always important to use manners and be kind to people so they'll be kind to you" i sig...

"That's really cool, who taught you to draw like that?" Dylan looked over my drawing before directing his attention to me.

"I taught myself-" Leaning over i gazed at his drawing which consisted of a lot of black and some very sharp and large lines with seriously heavy shading. "Where did you learn to draw...all that sort of stuff" i motioned my hand towards the drawing, not really sure how to describe his 'Sketch'

"Like you said, i also taught myself." he gazed at his drawing longingly, i saw the pain in his eyes. People express themselves and their emotions through the art of drawing, and by the looks of Dylan's he seemed so gloomy and upset but is hiding that sadness with rage and anguish.

I hummed, satisfied with my answer. I gave Dylan a shoulder nudge "Well for the record i think you draw pretty good" i smiled, before he could reply though there was another creek of footsteps climbing the ladder.

"Hi Lily" i called while putting my signature on my new drawing.

"How'd you know it was me?" Once she reached the top she adjusted her basket filled with sandwiches, she did this everyday for all the staff when it was lunch break. Being a cute little delivery girl she skipped around like Dorothy from Wizard of Oz or Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service, handing out sandwich's as she goes.

"You're the only person who comes up here and knows where to find me in my super not so secret spot, other than Dylan now" i lifted my eyes from my sketch as i giggled as she smiled back at me.

Dylan was quiet during this conversation until Lily turned her gaze onto him. "What ya' doing?"

Dylan didn't answer. Strange.

She came and sat in between the 2 of us. "You want a sandwich?" She asked him while handing me mine, opening the wrapper i dug into it straight away. "Nah, it's okay".

Leaning over i took a sandwich from her basket and thew it at Dylan, hitting it right in the face before it lands in his lap.

"Oops, sorry" i said sincerely, i would like to say i did it on purpose but if i tried to, i wouldn't have been able to do it. I giggled slightly due to his look of surprise when the sandwich hit him, but what surprised me more